Senior Project Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Project ManagerOverview
This is a Senior Project Manager positions that is responsible for managing end-to-end large and/or complex infrastructure projects for Operations (O.N.E- Operations, Network & Employee Digital Experience) division. O.N.E is using Agile methodologies, primarily using a Kanban pull-based system to manage throughput and optimize lead/cycle time. This position can help improve the process along the way through shared learning and identifying opportunities.
Typical O.N.E projects include: On-Soil data center builds, M&A integration efforts, large end of life / tech refresh efforts requiring significant coordination with Internal (within O.N.E)- like Network Architect & Engineering, Data Center Engineering, Load Balance Engineering, DBA, Service delivery ..etc/ External (outside of O.N.E)- Application, Development, Testing, HR, Finance, Sourcing, Legal, Architecture & Technology, Business Operations, Corporate Security….etc/ MC Customers/ Vendor Partners- WWT, OBS, Banks, Government entities…etc
• Ensure successful project delivery, which may include: oversight of development and management of overall project plan, schedule & budget adherence, status reporting, escalations, testing, user approval, final corrections, and methodology compliance
• Provides the traditional Project Management support (Waterfall & Agile) to manage the execution of large infrastructure initiatives
• Completes initial scoping and impact analysis for Infrastructure projects (Datacenter build/Tech refresh/Network, Compute & storage , DBA set up [cloud/hardware, software etc..) including facilitating the gathering of requirements documentation via feature decomposition meetings with Operations delivery teams and application teams to discuss under-the-surface needs and translate them into specific infrastructure/system requirements
• Partners with Program Managers, Architects, Engineers,Product Owners, and Scrum Masters to deliver project features and scope including setting priorities and managing blockers and escalations
• Manages risks, blockers, and dependencies, escalates and tracks impediments, and provides senior management level status reports
• Manages the relationship with the project team throughout Operations and Technology at Mastercard.
• May assist with creation and tracking of Remedy tickets (but does not “own” or signoff/approve the tickets in Remedy
• Identifies solutions for less complex, more common requests. May also provide process improvement and ideas for efficiency gains
All About You
• A record of successful delivery of infrastructure projects ( Datacenter build, Network /Compute & storage, DBA set ups - Cloud/Hardware etc)..as an individual, team leader and/or project manager
• Has knowledge of AGILE/SAFE/Waterfall methodologies
• Problem solver and solution-seeking approach
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management & Stakeholder management
• Ability to build rapport and relationships
• Team player & Leader
• Computing degree or Equivalent Degree with relevant experience
• Knowledge of Project management tools – MPP/MS-suite of tools/Confluence/DOMO/ALM
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities