Senior Software Engineer
What will you contribute?
Contributing in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Design, Coding, Unit Testing and Documentation for a module(s)
- Maintenance of existing features/modules
- Acting as a technical lead for other developers in the team
- Working with Business Analysts and internal/external customers to ensure that requirements are understood
- Estimating effort for new features and coming up with release plans
- Production of accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications
- Holding or participating in solution approach, test plan and code reviews
- Full ownership and accountability to deliver on agreed upon plans within budget, on schedule and to defined quality standards
- Ability to work with little day to day supervision from project and/or line manager
- Timely and accurate reporting of project status as required by Line or Project Manager
- Escalation of critical issues in a timely fashion
- Mentoring junior team members in best practices and standards
- Driving engineering improvements and excellence in the team
- 6 plus years of Java Development (Core Java, Advance Java, J2EE)
- Experience with web development frameworks like Spring is must.
- Excellent SQL skills are required, DB2, MS SQL and Oracle are desirable
- Stored Procedure development for MS SQL, Oracle and/or DB2 is desirable
- Experience with both Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems is required
- Experience in Cloud computing with DevOps pipeline ensuring quality and security compliances
- Experience in Dockers and Kubernetes with auto scale-up and scale-down
- Experience in CSS/CSS3/SASS, Angular, EXTJS, Bootstrap, JQuery is preferred
- Experience in JSP, Servlet, Tag Library, XSLT, Restful API’s is preferred
- Good understanding of Java, J2EE, SOA/Web services, EAI patterns, long running business processes, UML and OOAD.
- Strong Experience in working with Node.js for frontend development
- Experience in developing frontend that supports of Branding, Themes, i18n and RTL
- Experience with popular frontend development frameworks like AngularJS, ReactJS, etc.
- Experience in developing frontend with tests framework like jest, karma, jasmine, cucumber, protractor, etc.
- Banking or finance application development experience a plus, but not required, but extensive functional enterprise application development is essential
- Experience with data & analytics is ideal, but not required
- Strong and effective communication skills both from a verbal and written perspective required
- Strong design skills
- Ability to estimate effort accurately and to make and honor commitments faithfully
- A desire to lead.
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own technical job discipline and working knowledge of other related technical job disciplines
- As a seasoned technical professional, solves a range of complex problems in a creative way, exercising judgement based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Can work independently with minimum guidance
- Capable to lead projects or project steps within a broader project – may have some accountability for capacity planning
- Roles at this level may be increasingly client facing; also acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Understands the product beyond the user interface
- Solves complex and diverse problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Facilitates collaborative troubleshooting/works in collaboration with other areas of the business to solve problems
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The future of finance is open