Java Backend Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
You will be responsible for working with a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of products on web and mobile platforms. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing highly scalable customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project execution skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate a customer centric mindset as part of day-to-day work.
- Ensure that the design and implementation adheres to defined specs and processes.
- Own end-to-end quality of deliverables during all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Understand technical designs by working within Paypal's cross-functional technology team.
- Collaborate between business, product and technology in the process of understanding the requirement and coming up with implementation options.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage continuously changing business needs.
- Be a quick learner, undaunted by complex systems.
- Take risks and thrive in an environment of constant change.
- Experience in refactoring existing code-base and in understanding existing implementations, with the ability to decide whether to refactor or rewrite.
- Ability to hit the ground running from day one, working on various systems and working independently.
- Exposure and participation in tech events, hackathons, contributions to open source, authoring of blogs and active participation in online tech forums is a plus.
- 2-5 years of industry experience.
- Proficient Java/J2EE skills required.
- Knowledge/experience with web services (REST / SOAP) and ORM. (Hibernate).
- Knowledge/experience with Spring MVC.
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform and design constraints on the web.
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Understanding of algorithmic techniques, design patterns and best practices.
- Knowledge/experience with Unix.
- Knowledge/experience with relational databases, NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge/experience with Service Oriented Architectures.
- Curiosity about how things work and the behaviour of finding the answers.
- Flexible and adapting the changing circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal