Senior Software Engineer
Job Description Summary:
Global Compliance & Customer Verification Platform builds and maintains leading state of the art indigenous platform that caters to Anti Money Laundering & Tax related regulatory requirements that PayPal has to comply with in most of the 200+ countries that it operates in. Automated Online Identity/Address/Financial Verification, Automated/Manual Document Scanning, Risk Scoring based KYC, Multi Tenancy support etc., are some of the features/attributes of this platform. The team is located in multiple geographies delivering KYC & Tax solutions to both PayPal’s direct customers, adjacencies, Partners and even Partners’ customers. Come join us and be part of this Global team that ensures PayPal is compliant with the local and global regulators.Job Description:
Be part of an Agile Scrum team responsible for either engineering the platform to its next generation or work on business programs related to country or partner expansion depending on the business needs.
- Write good code.
- Write even better tests that fails when the code changes.
- Delpoy and maintain code using PayPal’s DevOPS pipeline
- Learn fast, become a subject matter expert and contribute to the team.
- Understand requirements and design scalable solutions.
· Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
· 5-8 years hands-on in the following areas:
o Java, OO-based design and development.
o Development in/for Linux environment.
o Strong skills in Server Side Java, Spring, SpringBoot, Hibernate, REST, Maven, Github and other open source Java Libraries.
o Good grasp of Data structures & Algorithm concepts.
o Database design, programming, tuning and query optimization.
o Test methodologies and testing tools, e.g., TestNG, JUnit.
o Full-SDLC cycle, with large-scale live roll-out participation as a developer.
· Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
· Experience in software configuration management and streaming strategies for large parallel development teams.
· Ability to collaborate effectively with remote teams across time zones is essential.
· Strong verbal and writing skills; ability to thoroughly understand product specifications, and ability to produce clear, concise documentation.
· Understanding of processes and standards from compliance standpoint.
· Project planning ability, experience in managing small development teams.
· Knowledge of QA automation processes and tools preferred.
· Experience in finance-related domains preferred.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal