Analyst, Merchant Sales & Acquiring and Product - IPVMC
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
IPVMC are one of the last frontier markets in the AP region with tremendous opportunity to offer such as favorable demographics with a relatively young population, a fast-growing middle class and a lower but much faster growing per capita income than traditional emerging markets. These unique opportunities are best captured by leveraging synergies across the IPVMC markets to improve speed to market and replicability of deployment. We require an individual who has demonstrated energy working with growth markets where there is opportunity to leapfrog, champion forward thinking and make an impact.
The role will leverage commonalities across the IPVMC markets to manage merchant, acquirer and product solutions deployment, identify synergies across the ecosystem to accelerate speed to market in rolling out sticky infrastructure solutions, and manage programs to open acceptance/ drive usage at key merchant verticals.
The individual will work closely with market MS&A/ Product leads and their clients (large merchants, issuers, acquirers and non-FIs) on client data driven business development strategies and will lead development of partnerships with identified payment solution providers with presence across multiple markets across the IPVMC region.
This individual must be able to manage executive-level and cross-function relationships while optimizing and executing on the overall MS&A / Product strategy.
- Leveraging data insights, serve as the lead project manager to drive deployment of capabilities/ solutions (eg.Contactless, 3DS2.0, SRC, Tokenisation, etc) , with the aim of displacing cash and driving digital payments adoption across the IPVMC region
- Identify synergies and develop best practices across IPVMC markets to improve speed to market and replicability of deployments
- Identify partnerships with payment solution providers and intermediaries that have presence across multiple markets across the IPVMC region (non-FI acquirers, POS vendors, Payment Gateways, Merchant Aggregators, telcos, fintechs) to adopt and deploy Visa solutions to scale issuance and acceptance
- Leverage commonalities across IPVMC to develop and manage GTM plans, steer regional initiatives as appropriate to ensure that they are rolled out effectively to the markets
- Partner with a broad range of stakeholders across IPVMC and business teams to initiate, deploy and commercialize merchant and acquirer solutions such as:
- Assist with the roll out and adoption of next generation solutions (Contactless, tap to phone, mPOS, remote payments) to drive value and stickiness amidst NPG alternatives
- Launching rapid merchant onboarding solutions with key acquiring clients
- Deploying payment on delivery solution in high cash on delivery environment
- Driving debit and ecommerce activation
- Supporting Payment Success Rate improvements across both issuers and merchants
- Collaborate with market business teams on strategy development including identifying and prioritizing strategic gaps, evaluating proof of concepts/commercial/partner options and collaborating on prioritizing implementations
- Work with markets to open and scale acceptance at key underserved merchant verticals (petrol, convenience stores, grocery stores, insurance, e-commerce payment on delivery, government payments)
- As part of the digital acceleration plan to defend against National Payment Gateways in Vietnam and Indonesia, the role will work with the team to engage the largest in-market merchants and acquirers to drive preference for Visa payments and adoption of mobile contactless payments
What you will need:
- Sufficient exposure to payments industry and be contemporary with the latest issues in Digital payments, technology and local regulations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a strong bias for action
- Digital, analytical, objectivity, drive, enthusiasm, and creativity are key attributes
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager/owner mentality
- Have a high degree of “figure it out” factor, and self-sufficiency
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience
- Outstanding communication skills - English (oral and written)
- Knowledge of MS office
- Ability to build business cases and financial models
- Regional experience and willingness to travel within the region
- Acquired financial and business acumen, preferably CA or CPA
- Strong technical competencies and ability to utilize systems to extract, capture and interpret data
- Knowledge in using a CRM system, preferably Salesforce, to ensure new business activities are visible to a broad range of stakeholders
- Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions