Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to join our Sales team in Melbourne. You will be first point of contact for any inbound lead while also proactively sourcing and bringing new retail leads into the Vend sales process and educating high potential prospects about Vend.
We’re not an ordinary company and we don’t expect you to be either. So keep reading if you love the art of selling, delighting customers and have a natural affinity for technology!
Who we are and what we do:
Some exciting news in the Vend journey, we are joining the Lightspeed family! By joining forces, we will continue to power retailers and restaurants with our cloud-based, omnichannel commerce platforms and bring our cities and communities to life.
At the heart of both Lightspeed and Vend are our people and customers. We delight local businesses in over 100 countries and we are trusted by favourite local businesses, where the community goes to shop and dine. We have offices in Canada, USA, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
💚 Our common mission: ignite the potential of businesses to enrich the communities they serve.We’re passionate about enabling people to do their best work. Come work with us and find out what you can do!
What you’ll be doing:
- Initiate the sales process through multiple inbound and outbound cold calling, email, social media touch points;
- Proactively own a book of leads and nurture them to the point that they’re ready to make a purchase decision while continually searching for and increasing the number of potential customers to prospect;
- Self-source of additional new business opportunities for Vend by understanding customer requirements and have the first consultation with prospective customers;
- Improve our knowledge base and business intelligence on the retail sector in the region and regularly complete product and sales training modules;
- Maintain a clean inbound funnel and collaborate with Account Executives to get the best solution for the customer.
What you need to bring:
- Experience selling over multiple channels, phone, email, social, face to face and using multiple sales processes;
- B2B sales experience engaging with SMBs (preferably within retail);
- Experience qualifying sales leads and have previously generated a robust pipeline of leads;
- Experience working with a sales CRM such as Salesforce;
- Sales experience, including exposure in an outbound and/or new business development function, preferably selling SaaS solutions.
If you are looking for a career change and this sounds like something that interests you, get in touch!
Why do you want to work at Vend?
- We will provide you with opportunities to develop your career
- You will be able to enjoy flexible working hours
- You can help build an amazing product in a company big enough for growth but lean enough to make a genuine impact
Plus, we have a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks (and cake for your birthday!)
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- Travel insurance for you and your family
- Lightspeed Share scheme
- Flexible paid time off policy (unlimited leave)
- Flexible Working policy
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Effortlessly sell, manage and grow your retail business with Vend, the unparalleled, cloud-based point of sale system.