Sales Specialist SME Acquisition Industries (Campaigns)
We are looking for a regulatory compliance manager experienced in the fintech and payment industry to implement and run the compliance program (non-financial crimes) in Singapore and Malaysia (other jurisdictions may be added to the portfolio as required).
You will be part of a team, working closely with the Head of Compliance for APAC, to jointly build and operate a best in class regulatory (non-financial crimes) compliance program as Stripe launches in new APAC markets and expands its product offerings in existing markets. This means you will be handling a wide variety of compliance-related matters and collaborating closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure Stripe complies with its regulatory and licensing/registration obligations in Singapore and Malaysia.
Stripe is building infrastructure for the internet economy that makes it easy (yet secure and compliant) for businesses to quickly move and manage money globally. We work with companies such as Zoom, Uber, Atlassian, Booking.com, Spotify, Twitter, Grab to help them monetize their business and grow faster.
You will be responsible to:
- Identify the legislations that are relevant for the existing and new products offered by Stripe, and provide guidance to regulatory obligations owners in various teams to help them understand the regulatory requirements and standards expected by the local regulators
- Conduct risk impact and control adequacy assessments to determine the compliance health of the entity, including preparing and presenting regular performance reports to management and board
- Provide guidance and/or draft and implement policies and procedures to ensure all regulatory requirements are met
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all regulatory compliance matters, and build and maintain good relationships with regulators and external stakeholders in the payments industry
- Engage regulatory bodies proactively to clarify regulations and/or issues affecting Stripe business/products
- Monitor the regulatory landscape closely, especially when there are new regulatory requirements or new product launches, and adequately prepare Stripe for compliance
- Prepare and coordinate with relevant stakeholders to prepare accurate regulatory reports and submissions to the regulator(s) as required
- Plan and prepare internal stakeholders for any external audits or regulatory inspections/examinations, and monitor the remediation of any issues/findings raised from these reports
- Create relevant materials and provide training to staff at least on an annual basis to keep Stripe up-to-date on local regulatory requirements
- Provide regulatory advice and recommendations to business teams, and participate actively in new business proposals and discussions (e.g. new products or users) with an enabling and compliant mindset
- Work closely with the compliance testing team to scope reviews on high risk/weak control areas
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5 to 8 years combined relevant compliance experience in payments companies, financial regulators and/or audit firms
- A good knowledge of the payments/fintech industry and the relevant legislations in Singapore and Malaysia
- Independent worker with strong analytical skills and the ability to make sound compliance/regulatory decisions for Stripe
- Strong team player to work with various internal stakeholders to effectively implement the compliance program
- Experience in interacting with financial regulators in Singapore and Malaysia (preferably to have handled financial services-related licence/registration applications)
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Resume and LinkedIn profile
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Payments infrastructure for the internet.