Staff Software Engineer - Data Product Development
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role is for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills and expertise in building real time streaming systems. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality.
You will be an integral part of the Loyalty and Marketing development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems.
We expect our Staff Engineers to do much more than just writing code
- Help our client to achieve their real goals by understanding the requirements and how it would help them in their business.
- Use technologies including Java, REST, NoSQL and more.
- Experience building highly scalable, low latent applications with high tps
- Experience building real time streaming systems
- Leverage newer technologies and develop solutions to build next generation of resilient, reliable and scalable services
- Lead efforts to architect, design and implement various aspects of our global transaction processing systems.
- Comfortable in leading meeting and discussions with non-technical teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player.
Most important qualities for the candidate are:
- Academics : Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Leadership : leading solutions and working with teams to achieve it.
- Curiosity : A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why tasks are done a certain way
- Creativity : The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas.
- Strategic focus : Skill to understand big picture and stay focused on task to achieve goals
- Attention to detail : The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
- Strong work ethic : The innate drive to do work extremely well
- Enthusiasm : A passion to understand people and deliver better products and services to them
- 8+ years of experience.
- Expertise in Java and REST for developing microservices that are easily deployable and maintainable.
- Good skills in Spring Framework, Spring Batch, Spring Webflux.
- Experience with messaging systems including Kafka or Active MQ will be a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RDBMs and SQL with experience in building complex database queries based on the understanding of the data model is a big plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively up, down and across to assure that your ideas are heard
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions