Staff Software Engineer (Java Full Stack) - Data Product Development
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is ideal for an experienced SW engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of Loyalty & Marketing Services team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems.
- Lead the analysis, design, development and implementation of various initiatives, with end to end ownership to deliver the business functionalities.
- Design and develop mission-critical highly available systems
- Develop high quality code, participate in code reviews and mentor junior developers to ensure the deliveries on time.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code.
- Coordinate and participate in Continuous Integration activities, automation frameworks for testing and deployments etc. in addition to contributing to core product code.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, and features in business terms.
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.
- 6+ years of experience in developing large scale applications using open source technologies.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems.
- Strong hands on experience in Core Java, J2EE technologies, Microservices, Spring, Hibernate, REST APIs.
- Experience of web development using one of the technologies like Angular or React etc.
- Hands on experience using SCM tools like TFS/Git, Jira etc.
- Experience with Test Automation, Test Driven Development, and Continuous Integration.
- Experience with one or more of the following database technologies: DB2, Postgres, MySQL, and NoSQL such as Hadoop, Hbase, MongoDB.
- Experience in Agile development is a big plus.
- Product development experience is Must.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions