Japan Partnerships Manager
Riskified empowers merchants and shoppers to realize the full potential of eCommerce by making it safe, accessible, and frictionless. Our global team helps the world’s most-innovative eCommerce merchants eliminate risk and uncertainty from their business. Merchants integrate Riskified’s machine learning platform to create trusted customer relationships, driving higher sales while reducing costs. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for global brands and fast-growing businesses across industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, Gucci, and many more. We're privately funded and VC backed, and our recent Series E round raised $165 million with a valuation in excess of $1 billion.
About the Role
Riskified’s Channels team plays a key role in executing the company’s growth strategy. We are looking for a smart and creative individual to join the team in the role of Japan Partnerships Manager. Their primary role is to oversee the planning and execution for establishing and growing our partnerships in Japan.
The ideal candidate will leverage skill sets of business development, channel management, business analysis, relationship building, and account management, and be well-versed with Management Consulting, Digital Agencies, and the Payment ecosystem as a whole. This role is focused on creating productive partnerships to help fuel revenue generation.
We are looking for a team player with proven experience in this field and the demonstrated ability to manage complex relationships and nurture them to success through win-win deals. You will be expected to help set the standard for best-in-class partner management and will partner with the world's largest and most influential companies to drive big initiatives, build strong relationships, and fuel growth.
What You'll Be Doing
- Recruit, develop, and manage our Payment, Consulting, and Digital Agency partners;
- Identify new business opportunities, recruit partners, negotiate partner agreements, and support partner sales pipeline;
- Collaborate with internal teams (Product, Integration) to lead PSP and Payment Gateway integration projects, as well as identify and prioritize improvements to support new products and features;
- Work as part of a team with our Business Development Managers and Account Executives, and other company resources to win new clients for Riskified;
- Manage potential channel conflicts by fostering excellent communication internally and externally and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement;
- Hold QBR meetings with partners to review/improve performance;
- Support product and sales training for partners' client-facing teams;
- Track and report key performance metrics to the Channels lead.
- Fluent in Japanese and English - strong verbal and written communication skills in both languages - MUST
- 7-10 years of experience in partner program management, channel operations, partner sales programs, channel sales, or channel marketing-related roles.
- Experience partnering with companies such as Dentsu, NTT Data, Deloitte Tohmatsu, and additional local payment gateway and payment solution providers.
- Proven track record of building a multi-channel pipeline and successfully moving opportunities through the sales cycle.
- Data-driven with extensive experience navigating partner ecosystems.
- An independent self-starter: you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility and ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills for partner conversations, product presentations, and written proposals.
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a highly fluid work environment.
- This role is based out of Tokyo and will require travel (if/when appropriate) of up to 25%.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Enabling Global eCommerce