Product Director, Risk
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia’s fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
● Envision and execute a risk strategy, engineering design, and launch plan for Airwallex payment products.
● Launch new payment features and risk controls that reduce common risks across core products by minimizing financial loss without affecting lifetime value, funnel conversion, and engagement of good users.
● Drive insights from user data and develop machine-learning model requirements in collaboration with Data Science and Engineering.
● Own risk detection vision throughout a customer’s lifecycle with Airwallex, from sign up and onboarding to first payments to usage behaviour changes.
● Improve speed of iterative builds by enhancing productivity of a high-performing cross-functional team, including Engineering, Data Science, Operations, Design, and Business partners.
● Move fluidly from big picture to the smallest details so that the team can deliver complex and strategic projects. No task is beneath you nor too daunting to take on.
● Develop risk management controls and systems.
● 10+ years combined product and risk / finance experience delivering highly successful results.
● Obsessive Curiosity: you are interested in getting to the heart of problems and driving solutions to customer problems.
● Customer First: You know your market, customers and competitive landscape better than anyone, and you’re strong at integrating this information into your day to day.
● Make an impact: Ability to move others toward action and a great collaborator who can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at light speed.
● Intellectual Honesty: Simultaneous desire to help customers and obtain the truth.
● Inspire and be Inspired: Excellent at articulating the essence of products and the value they create.
● Craftsmanship: Strong business instincts, technical acumen, and significant experience designing analytical models that massively scales operations.
● BS/MS in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or related field.
● Experience in issuing and acquiring, risk management, and payments.
● Experience designing applications with complex analytics models. Demonstrated ability to gather user and risk requirements at scale and convert them into a product vision.
● Experience working with 3rd party fraud & risk management solutions in payments fraud either on the merchant side or as a solution provider.
● Prior experience in a high growth start-up / VC backed company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime