This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Data Science team is a key part of decision management engine at Visa; this is a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts, statisticians, and business analysts from a variety of countries – serving major FIs and merchants in Asia Pacific. Analytics & Data Products is looking for a hands-on person that earns trust and respect of the team. The person must be results oriented, highly organized, and must, must be focused on delivering innovative analytics work.
What a < Data Scientist -Analyst> does at Visa:
The Data Scientist will be working together with other members in the team to design and deliver projects with the appropriate analytic methodologies and techniques to solve client’s business objectives. The team closely collaborates with business stakeholders to understand the business problem in order to determine the most appropriate analytic approach that provides meaningful results to clients. Responsibilities include delivering projects on time and within scope with an in-depth knowledge of data analytics and cutting-edge data mining techniques as well as the use of predictive, classification and alternate analytic algorithms for modeling and segmentation. These analyses are foundational to corroborate or refute stated hypotheses and are incorporated in the final client-facing solutions. The team is responsible for continuously creating and protecting analytic IP resulting from project learning.
As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for developing Data Analytics solutions to solve business problems. Here, you will be required to work with large data sets using quantitative techniques and build complex statistical models that learn from big data. We have a highly collaborative process and you are required to work across multiple teams and functions for developing cutting edge, creative and advanced analytic solutions and processes.
Why this is important to Visa
The Data Scientist is a key member of the Consulting and Analytics team. DS is key driver to Visa business.
What you will need:
- Directing the execution of small analytic projects along with rest of the stakeholders in both internal and external
- Collaborating with the different teams to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
- Defining detailed analytic scope and methodology, and creating analytic plan
- Executing on the analytic plan with appropriate data mining and analytic techniques
- Ensuring all project documentation is up to date and all projects are reviewed per analytic plan
- Ensuring project delivery within timelines and budget requirements
- Enhancing existing analytic techniques by promoting new methodology and best practices in analytics field
- Providing subject matter expertise and quality assurance of complex data driven analytic projects
- Hands on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as SAS/ /Python/
- Proficiency in some of the following statistical techniques: Linear & Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, K-Nearest Neighbors, Markov Chain Monte Carlo, Gibbs Sampling etc., Evolutionary Algorithms(e.g. Genetic Algorithms, Genetic Programming), Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks etc.
- Working knowledge in advanced data mining and modeling: Predictive modeling techniques (e.g., binomial and multinomial regression, ANOVA); Classification techniques (e.g., Clustering, Principal Component Analysis, factor analysis); Decision Tree techniques (e.g., CART, CHAID)
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and managing multiple analytic projects with diverse cross-functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to innovate solutions to solve business problems
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Good business acumen with strong ability to solve business problems through data driven quantitative methodologies. Experience in payment, retail banking, or retail merchant industries is preferred
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, with the ability to tailor data driven results to various audience levels
- Detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations, and delivery
- Experience in presenting ideas and analysis to stakeholders
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity and strive to continually learn
What will also help:
- Minimum of 3 years of analytical experience in applying statistical solutions to business problems
- Post Graduate degree in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, Economics, or engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Understanding of Cards/Payments and Banking business model would be a plus
- Proficient in Chinese (Mandarin) language
- Working location:
Projects you will be a part of:
- New Analyst tools and algorithm.
- Beside data analyst, the consulting skill is need to development.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions