Head of Risk (Asia)
Zip is a high-growth fintech, founded in Australia and expanding worldwide, with the purpose to give people the freedom to own it. We use technology and data to bring customers and partners together through a valued and fair payments experience.
Our strategic focus is underpinned by an aligned high-performance team, a reliable, secure and scalable platform, constantly-improving product experiences and a trusted consumer brand.
Zip is growing rapidly and globally; and our mission is to enable our consumers to choose Zip as their first payment choice, everywhere and every day. We’ve built an amazing culture at Zip, our teams are proud to work hard to provide innovative solutions to our customers and partners. Our standards are central to everything we do: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together, and Raise the Bar.
The New Markets team’s charter is to identify new economically viable regions with uniquely sustainable distribution entry strategies, own the land and expand activities required to accelerate market share growth with a proven playbook, deploy and support the technology and product platform and to support the operations of the new market until it becomes significant in its presence, revenue contribution and operating practices to join the wider business. The team will function as ‘a bridge’ between Zip’s core experience and new regional learnings and facilitate cross-border knowledge sharing between markets and departments.
- Experience in working across risk management across full spectrum of customer journey from underwriting, onboarding, customer management from both credit/fraud risk perspective.
- Experience in delivering risk solutions across credit risk (underwriting, scorecard development, loss mitigation, exposure controls, roll rates, line management) and fraud risk management.
- Work closely with risk leadership team in building and optimizing the Credit risk and Fraud risk strategy.
- Be the primary point of contact for the Asia business leadership team and is an accountable leader for the India based risk team.
- Has experience presenting to senior leadership team and is comfortable leading the team in a very fast paced environment.
- Works with stakeholders across product management, data science, and engineering and builds relationship with the partner teams.
- Strong time management skills to ensure on-time delivery of projects; strong project management skills, ability to manage expectations with the Global risk leadership team.
- Design and delivery of clear processes, documentations for the analytical work done by the team.
- Strong believer in test and learn; builds and drives a data driven culture in the organization.
To help us level up, you’ll bring:
- Mandatory experience in key South East Asia markets
- Quantitative background in engineering, statistics, math, economics, business or related disciplines.
- Possesses analytical mindset and strong problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Possesses strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills; and ability to engage and collaborate with multiple stakeholders across teams.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity.
- 10+ years’ experience in analyzing relevant risk management experience in the financial services industry.
- Prior consulting experience a plus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.