Senior Software Engineer (Automation, Development and Testing)
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Software Engineer will be part of a global high performing team responsible for application development, application testing, production application support and maintenance of the critical Advanced Authorization suite of Risk applications. The Risk applications make use of predictive modelling to analyze historical and current data to predict fraud risk for authorization transactions, thus enabling Visa Issuers to manage associated risk. The role requires a strong understanding of software engineering testing process, application development, deployment, troubleshooting in open systems environments. The ideal candidate will be a technically competent individual and have demonstrated expertise in providing software testing in agile mode for critical production environment. The candidate will work closely with peers in development, production support team within Network Processing as well as other cross functional groups across the organization.
- Work in Agile mode with engineers in development, testing and production support of Network Processing Risk Applications.
- Build and enhance software test tools, test automation tools framework based on BDD Cucumber, including CI/CD Platform
- Design and develop test plans from business requirements with a focus on coverage, performance and automation
- Create, design, develop, implement, and maintain test cases in test automation tools framework based on Java, other languages nice to have are C++, Python, Go-Lang, as applicable
- Execute test cases in automation framework following agile sprint planning. Investigate bugs using various available tools and logs. Collaborate with development, product team to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues.
- Setup, configure and maintain test environment readiness, including all security requirements
- Develop software install plans, review installation steps in QA and with production
- Champion security – work with cybersecurity and production support team to ensure all security vulnerabilities remediation are tested in QA before production remediation within required timeline. You must deliver software and systems support to the highest level of security at Visa.
- Diagnose and resolve problems in production to meet all service level agreements (SLAs), including possible joint analysis session with cross region team, e.g. development team, production support team, infrastructure team.
- Code & unit test system components and applications in a range of programming languages, including developing tools for automation of routine tasks using industry standard programming and scripting languages.
- Create and Maintain technical documentation.
- Work collaboratively across team in Singapore and US to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Work independently with minimal guidance becoming a mentor and role model for other team members, active in developing new skills and adapt to organization and business need.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in Software Engineering or related fields.
- Ability to develop tools and scripts to support testing automation need.
- Must have Unix and Java skills, and interested in testing and debugging software issues
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) n Software Engineering or related fields.
- Prior software engineering experience, familiar with software development lifecycle phases, agile framework including SAFe.
- 3 or more years of experience in software design, development, testing and implementation, comfortable in scripting or languages, e.g. Java (primary), C++, Python, Go and Unix shell scripting skills.
- Experience in backend service testing, especially in Unix/Linux platform
- Good understanding in STLC and test methodologies
- Experience with software build, regression, and defect tracking tools e.g. Git, Maven, Jira, and Jenkins.
- Experience in working in DevOps environment, CI/CD Platform setup
- Strong experience in designing and developing Automation framework for Functional and Performance Testing.
- Strong ability in root cause analysis of issues, resolving testing issues, and driving testing activities to closure.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working in Agile mode, Agile Testing and In-Sprint Testing, will be added advantage.
- Experience with Spring framework, Angular and UI tools like NGX Admin will be added advantage.
- Good understanding of database concepts, such as Cassandra.
- Experience with IBM MQ, Kafka, etc., Middleware software.
- Flexible attitude, great team player, highly driven individual and ready to work with multiple time zones cross-geographical teams
- Must be a self-starter who is highly organized, hands-on, and a team player.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, prioritize work and maintain focus.
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and attention to detail skills.
- You will be expected to provide production support (on call) outside the agreed business hours depending on business need on a rotation basis.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions