Senior Lead Engineer - Java Developer Senior
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
In today's financial markets, trade-processing lifecycles undergo constant change. From pre-trade analysis to post-trade risk management, settlement and regulatory compliance, it has never been more important to be in control. As one of the world’s leading providers of software and processing solutions to the financial services sector FIS solutions are wide ranging.
What you will be doing
• Knowledge of FIS products and services; in-depth knowledge of products and services in assigned line(s) of business
Knowledge of financial services industry
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
What you bring:
Knowledge / Experience
- 6-10 years of experience in software development. Analyze, design and develop software features and enhancements, and take full ownership of the tasks assigned
- Should be good at problem solving and debugging with excellent analytical skills
- Participate in team Scrum meetings, and interact with various stakeholders
- Develop and debug code, and write unit test cases
- Receive general supervision and is competent in most phases of programming to work on own
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients
- Be flexible to learn and work on new technologies
- Strong knowledge of Core Java/J2EE
- Database: Oracle (SQL, PL/SQL), PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of build tools like Maven and Git
- Spring and ORM framework like Hibernate, EclipseLink, etc.
Good to have skills
- Kendo UI.
- Team leading skills.
- Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes.
- System design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communicator – ability to discuss technical and commercial solutions to internal and external parties and adapt depending on the technical or business focus of the discussion
- Attention to detail – track record of authoring high quality documentation
- Organized approach – manage and adapt priorities according to client and internal requirements
- Self-starter but team mindset - work autonomously and as part of a global team
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members
- Ability to work in agile development environment where developers and testing personnel work closely together to deliver quality product
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests