Corporate IT Architect
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
As a Corporate IT Architect, you will be working day-to-day with the Corporate IT team to define a target state vision to ensure technology changes within the domain are designed and implemented in line with the broader organisational strategy and technology direction.
In this role you will assess, understand and define how systems and technology-enabled processes contribute to the operation of the business. This role involves direct engagement with business and technology stakeholders to understand new requirements and support the implementation of improvements to existing Corporate IT capabilities. In addition, you will have the opportunity to be hands on, spiking technology options to rapidly refine and select suitable solution options. You may then be required to guide the build, testing and delivery of a solution to production in conjunction with Tyro system engineers or a technology partner.
What you will do
- Analyse and document the current state of the Tyro Corporate IT environment (including desktop management, mobility, collaboration services, email, directory services and user provisioning, telephony and other utilities)
- Develop a capability model for Corporate IT in alignment with the broader Tyro landscape
- Define target state architectures and roadmap align to the Tyro organisational strategy and objectives
- Map target state architectures and requirements to products and vendors to identify the most appropriate direction for Tyro (in alignment with other domains)
- Establish migration and investment plans as guided by the target state to be executed through delivery initiatives
- Guide the implementation of solutions to deliver the target state and required capabilities
- Define a framework and the processes to manage LOB initiated programs involving SaaS services or other technologies (including engagement, integration and handover/support arrangements) where there is a dependency on Corporate IT capabilities
- Act as an initial point of contact for selection and solution definition for LOB initiated technology decisions where there is a dependency on Corporate IT capabilities
- Understand security, legal, vendor management and compliance requirements and how they are applied to or met by Corporate IT capabilities
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and to lead from the front with enthusiasm and energy
- Support the Corporate IT team in understanding the requirements for operational accountability of the systems and tools that deliver domain capabilities
- Balance the needs of product/service features with technical vision and operational needs
- Align vision with our goals for technology, delivery, quality, customer focus and simplicity
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience leading the delivery of technology selection and implementation projects for platforms to support modern workplace practices
- Experience defining architectural roadmaps
- Significant analysis and stakeholder engagement experience
- A passion for technology and software
- Strong communication and leadership abilities, with the ability to influence the business and system teams towards a united vision and goal
- Experience working in a regulated/financial services environment would be beneficial
- Problem solving
- Structured analysis and decision making
- Effective communication
- Participation and team focus
- Business focus and prioritisation
- Influence and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
Our Tyro Values
- WOW the Customer - We love our customers, and we want them to love us too.
- Be GOOD - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing, even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
- Commit to GREATNESS - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. Always asking what's next.
- Stay HUNGRY - We ooze passion and determination, and we play as a team to win.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking