Business Development Manager – Digital Partnerships Japan
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Digital Partnerships team is a client facing organization that sets Visa’s public digital narrative, develops commercial partnerships and investments with industry leading digital brands and platform providers and manages the ongoing engagement with large and small Fintech players across the region. Digital Partnerships is responsible for growing business development capabilities across regional offices, ensuring that teams have the sales narrative, tools, packaged programs and deal support required to ensure Visa are the partner of choice for all Fintech.
What a Business Development Manager does at Visa:
The Business Development Manager - Digital Partnerships Japan will lead key digital partnerships initiatives and manage relationships with existing and potential Visa clients. The role requires an experienced sales manager capable of identifying and closing commercial partnerships with large digital and emerging Fintech companies in Japan as well as executing key account management and growth initiatives. Success requires working closely with a multitude of cross-functional Visa teams who help contribute to the growth of the partnership and the distribution of Visa’s products and capabilities. This includes closely aligning with the Regional Digital Partnerships and Fintech FastTrack team, Visa’s Core & Digital Product teams and Country Management as well as other internal stakeholders such as Processing, Pricing, Legal, Risk and Marketing to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
In this role, you will use strong analytical skills, contextual business sense to map the market landscape, identifying partnerships opportunities as well as creative flair to solve real world business challenges for Visa’s Digital Partners and emerging Fintech partners.
Market Mapping & Analysis:
- Research Fintech and Payment industry trends and emerging themes in technology and payments that will shape the future of Visa’s business and support the development of a ‘point-of-view’ to inform stakeholders.
- Extract actionable business insights from the data and build potential partner list and other deliverables that clearly communicate the findings and recommendations.
Business Development and Partner Management:
- Align the cross-functional teams on key proposals including representation from Marketing, Product, Operations, Market Research and Technology.
- Support the development, negotiation and signing of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and relationships with strategic partner executives.
- Work with client stakeholders to ensure their priorities and operational capabilities are clearly understood and our work plans are clearly aligned with them.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and proactively propose on Visa solutions to support their success.
- Work with senior team members and cross functional teams to support partner implementations are on track and delivering against plan
- Support the evaluation of potential partnership opportunities for their strategic and financial value and providing business rationale and analytics in support of the opportunities
- Supporting engagements including commercial deals, alliances and opportunities from inception to active discussions to execution
- Take clear ownership and accountability of the risks of the business and ensure that as a team, we effectively manage risk through consistent application of all of Visa’s relevant Key Controls.
What you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years business experience within Visa or Payments related industry
- Native level Japanese and business level English.
- The ideal candidate will bring a combination of business knowledge and financial skills.
- Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and ability to guide the relevant stakeholders.
- Willingness to learn and ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple
- disciplines and organizational groups.
- Team oriented, ethical, empathetic, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible.
- Experience in stakeholder management at large, complex organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Trustworthy and possesses highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity
- Drives for achieving superior end to end results, in a sustainable way.
- Very client focused.
- Genuinely cares for and is inclusive of people, supports people’s wellbeing.
- Strong at networking. A connector of people, communities and clients in Japan and across Visa.
- Has stature, gravitas, reputation and professional attitude, internally and externally.
- Courageous, accountable and willing to challenge the status quo, and drive innovation.
- Curious, with a drive to continuously learn.
- Has high levels of professional humility and actively seeks and uses feedback constructively.
- Does not indulge in or tolerate office politics.
- Disciplined and organized in a way that enables consistent delivery of results while also being able to respond well to unexpected demands
What will also help:
- Knowledge and experience relating to Fintech
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions