This job is no longer accepting applications.
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third-party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing the delivery capability for major client implementations from the proposal stage through to implementation in the client environment and normal operation. This will require engaging the client, collaborating with internal teams to develop the delivery strategy, coordinating the program and project deliverables, coordinating multi-disciplined teams and managing timelines with transparency and certainty. These programs need to be driven using program management best practices to plan and coordinate all deliverables and dependencies, deliver quality results, manage risk, communicate status, and identify and drive actions needed to keep initiatives on track.
You will be responsible for both driving the achievement of project milestones across multiple streams of work, as well as hold responsibility for the overall integrity and coherence of the program.
This role, similar to other software or professional services organizations, has overall project management responsibility and will require excellent communication and collaboration with client teams and our own geographically dispersed internal teams.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to the Project Director, Australia
What you'll do
- Collaborate with key commercial, product, engineering and operational leadership to establish plans and engage teams to deliver client-agreed outcomes for approved implementations
- Be the key point of contact between Verifone and the customer for all Project and Implementation requirements
- Project management of all activities related to delivering features and product and integration of these plans with client initiatives and rollout plans
- Plan, manage and maintain detailed end-to-end project activities (including implementation activities), ensuring all cross-functional dependencies are identified, managed and resolved
- Identify, communicate and manage risks and issues impacting all aspects of a program
- Delivery in accordance with an agreed project lifecycle including development and maintenance of key project artefacts
- Engage internal teams and coordinate facilitate ongoing communication with these teams
- Internal governance and reporting
- Client engagement and reporting
- Develop and present executive level presentation materials
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Experience implementing vendor solutions for large-scale, enterprise systems
- Ability to work independently and to exercise sound judgement regarding project and task prioritisation and phasing, and corresponding project management approaches
- Ability to move between strategic and tactical issues quickly
- Ability to quickly assess project issues and risks and to develop appropriate risk mitigation strategies
- Must possess the demonstrated ability to lead by influence and persuasion in a multidisciplinary team setting
- Strong presentation skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to structure and articulate messages to different audiences at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with various levels in an organisation
- Previous leadership experience, with the ability to work through others directing activity through matrix management
- Excellent contemporary project management skills, including strong planning skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Ability to establish effective project governance and controls to deliver quality outcomes
- Experience working across both agile and waterfall delivery environments
- Strong stakeholder management and leadership skills
- Strong team leadership and ability to instill a vision for the program
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Verifone solves the world’s most complex payment challenges every day