Head of Strtegy & Planning 6-Month contract
As eftpos moves forward into a time of transformation and growth we are looking for a Head of Strategy and Planning to work in collaboration with the Executive, define the company’s strategy to align business partners on programs of work that need to be carried out, measured, and handled to drive the required outcomes. as a key adviser to the Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Team on critical changes to the global marketplace and external business environment which may impact the organisational strategy.
Outcomes and Accountabilities
- Can make the complex simple, understands the big picture, is customer-driven and highly commercial
- Partner with the product, commercial and operational partners across Beem it, Connect ID and eftpos to synthesise/articulate a pipeline of opportunities that align to the company’s strategy
- Establish Portfolio Management Office; Drive the company-wide quarterly and half-yearly prioritisation and support teams with the tools, processes, and measurement frameworks that enable value creation
- Successfully driving contemporary and consistent business planning processes
- Responsible for company-wide governance so that meetings are running optimally
- Lead and be responsible for a Group operating rhythm that enables alignment (Marketing, Sales, Product, Customer Success, etc…) on progress, risks and trade-offs (e.g.: through OKR process & reviews).
- Identify core issues to business performance and clearly communicate strategy, progress, and results across interpersonal boundaries and levels (Weekly company health).
- Anticipate, recognize and work through resistance or setbacks independently, and work with partners when conflicts arise. Surface opportunities, ensure alignment with objectives, find common ground and promote understanding of viewpoints before seeking closure and partnership.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- >10 years as a Strategy Consultant with broad industry background
- Data and analytics
- Experience working in a small organisation/start-up preferred.
- Experience in effectively leading a sophisticated array of programs and trade-offs in ambiguous environments
Personal Attributes (Competencies)
Customer Focused - Excellent relationship-building and stakeholder management skills. Finds ways to understand more about customer needs and meet expectations.
Value Diversity - Receptive to diverse experiences, perspectives, values and beliefs and listen to others’ views.
Teamwork & Collaboration - Open, collaborative, and warm. Thrives in delivering success through high-performance teamwork and collaboration. Seeks solutions with and through others.
Strategic Thinking – Thinks outside the box. Creates solutions that consider the long-term impact across the 3 entities, not necessarily what is the easiest and quickest to do right now.
Adaptability & Continuous Improvement - High resilience and adaptability. Continually looks to optimise and improve processes. Shares and implements ideas or changes and continuous improvement with team members.
Effective Communication -Facilitates discussions with others to achieve common objectives. Uses a range of communication approaches to influence others within the scope of the role.
Delivering Value - Effectively plans and coordinates small projects. Strong attention to detail. Ability to ‘Roll up sleeves to get in amongst the people mechanics of a smaller organisation and get things done
Leadership - Handles multiple and competing demands and priorities. Ensures organisational values are demonstrated in personal behaviour and work objectives.
Problem Solving & Decision Making – Identifies issues/risks and underlying causes that may impact the completion of deliverables and implements workable solutions. Balances progressive approach with practical application of what is possible.
At eftpos, everyone is responsible for managing risks
Every eftpos team member holds responsibility for managing risk, be it financial, safety, or otherwise. This includes proactively identifying and assessing risks, identifying key controls and emerging risks, ensuring compliance with relevant legislative, regulatory, and policy requirements, and reporting risk in an appropriate way in a timely manner.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Australia's own debit payments system