Director Platform Development
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What's it all about?
As a Director in Issuer Processing, you will manage the Platform Services development team based in our Singapore office where you will be responsible and accountable for the design, development, and support of multiple applications across several hardware platforms.
This position will have responsibility of day-to-day management of a team of up to 6 software developers and will also contribute to the software development process. This position will report to the Sr. Director of Issuer Processing Platform Services development based in Highlands Ranch.
- Build and maintain a high performing team; hire and retain the right talent in the right role
- Develop and empower direct reports to make appropriate technical decisions
- Demonstrate Visa’s core values and maintain a positive and open demeanor
- Foster a culture of teamwork, collaboration and mentoring
- Manage resources in alignment with forecast models
- Partner with Product resources to identify clear business requirements
- Manage development resources by setting clear business and technical expectations
- Manage development resources across multiple technologies including .Net, Java, SQL, NoSQL, Windows, Unix/Linux
- Work collaboratively with senior management, architecture and senior development staff to develop broadly acceptable solutions
- Set resource goals and delegate project work
- Drive consistency in artifacts and deliverables, budgets, and resource planning
- Identify process improvements and/or ineffective use of project hours and resources
- Generate innovative ideas, solutions, and opportunities to contribute to the Visa enterprise and Issuer Processing success
- Ensure resource availability to support deployment activities in various environments
- Take complete responsibility of the full life cycle of projects and oversee software release implementations when required
- Design and develop highly scalable and fault-tolerant systems using multiple technologies.
- 12+ year track record of relevant work experience and a degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience of managing teams with the following technologies - .Net, Java, SQL, NoSQL, Windows, Unix/Linux
- Experience managing full life cycle of projects and overseeing software release implementations
- Experience managing is large scale environments
- Agile development methodology experience (Scrum/Kanban) preferred
- Must have demonstrated success in onshore-offshore organizational transformations along dimensions such as deep partnerships and agile collaboration with business, fostering a culture that encourages innovation and an enterprise agile product development process across borders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, recruit, grow and retain high-caliber talent at scale. Experienced organizing, running, supporting, and growing large technology organization.
- Must demonstrate longer-term strategic thinking and staying ahead of state-of-the-art curve in order to keep abreast with what’s possible technically, operationally and professionally.
- Capable of forming and advocating independent viewpoint. Demonstrate strong skills influencing, negotiating and communicating.
- Strong analytical, problem determination and customer relations skills.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions