Software Engineer Sr
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
In today’s highly competitive retirement market, firms must not only deliver superior customer value, but cater to challenging customer requirements and solve complex problems efficiently. Throughout the industry there is mounting pressure on organizations to do more, requiring a clear technology strategy that not only addresses the demands of today, but also enables the growth and performance of tomorrow.
What you will be doing ?
This position is with Retirement Engineering group with following responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain complex programs
- Work with Business Analyst to understand business problems and rewrite them into fast and efficient solutions that ultimately help our customers.
- Understand business logic from legacy code and adjust / modernize same to suit current customer needs
- Write highly efficient, scalable and maintainable programs so that they can cater to variety of customer data processing needs
What you bring ?
- 8+ years of total experience.
- Document specifications, design areas, test results, and solutions implemented
- Code corrections for identified defects for new and existing releases of the software
- Ensure compliance with predefined coding best practices
- Ensure adherence to processes as required by the project
- Update the manager of the progress on module, flag risks and issues early on in the process
- Coordinate with lead programmer(s) and business analyst(s) with focus on effective communication from a delivery perspective
- The individual may be required to work on multiple areas simultaneously (development, platform releases, installations, conversions, support, training, etc.)
- Flexibility to work during India time till 11 PM, if required (Second shift working is applicable only if business needs it). Otherwise, regular office hours apply.
- Nature of work involves Maintaing existing Bots as well as building new Bots. One should be able to manage both aspects.
·Development experience with Blue Prism tool for a minimum of 4 years
·Familiarity with Automation concepts
·Track record of bringing tangible savings thru Blue Prism automation
·Ability to spot Automation opportunities and execite
·Ability to gather, analyze, monitor and publish key Automation parameters
·Must pay attention to details
·Good Communication Skills and interpersonal skills.
·Problem solving ability.
·Must have background in the financial industry
Good to have skills includes
- Retirement background will be added addvantage
- Familiarity with other programming languages is an added advantage
- Java or .Net
- Degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and learn new processes and technologies quickly
- Previous experience in the Financial Services Industry, specifically as related to defined contribution and define benefits administration
- Excellent communicator – ability to discuss technical and commercial solutions to internal and external parties and adapt depending on the technical or business focus of the discussion
- Attention to detail – track record of authoring high quality documentation
- Organized approach – manage and adapt priorities according to client and internal requirements
- Self-starter but team mindset - work autonomously and as part of a global team
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests