Compliance Analyst, Visa Rules Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations and product support, back office support and customer performance reporting. CS includes the Cards function of Contract Management, Rules, Disputes and the Standards function which supports the structural foundation of the Visa Payments network.
Services, including Rules management, Dispute adjudication, Contract management and external Standards Body Management are provided to ensure the safety, security and integrity of the payment system and to support Visa clients in the development of their electronic payments business.
Specifically, the Visa Rules Management (VRM) team establishes and enforces common interoperable rules and standards for our products and services by which clients must operate their Visa programs.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for identifying and resolving issues that are not typically complex but may require understanding of other job areas. This position is at an intermediate professional level and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. This role works under moderate supervision.
The role is primarily accountable for executing the Visa Rules Management Data Quality compliance programs, including reactive and proactive data quality compliance.
The role ensures that clients and their merchants or partners are compliant to the Visa rules, including technical/processing standards, monitors, investigates and validates the compliance status of clients and, where necessary, pursues corrective and negotiated action. The primary focus is to bring clients (and their merchants or partners) into compliance, following the rules and technical standards as appropriate. The role is responsible for negotiating compliance action plans with clients, using discretion within the regulatory framework, while assessing the impact on the Visa brand, the integrity of the network, the client’s businesses and the feasibility of the suggested remedial action.
Role specifics cover:
- Ensuring Clients are compliant to the Rules and to monitor, investigate and validate the compliance status of Clients, and where necessary, to pursue corrective, and negotiated action, with the Clients to bring them into compliance following the Rules as appropriate.
- Communicate with contacts typically within the vertical to ensure clients understanding and comply with the Visa Rules, technical/processing standards, and Charter Documents ) and processes escalating where appropriate to the Visa Rules Management senior management with the intention of ensuring minimal brand and reputational risk exposure to the Visa Inc. enterprise
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients and other entities as it relates to the responsibilities of the Visa Rules Management team. Participate in activities in relation to inquiries or actions plans as required
- Analysis of merchant data to identify non-compliant activity or trends.
- Tracking and control of compliance actions plans as submitted by clients and ensuring they are tracked to resolution.
- Responsible for providing prompt, accurate responses to questions about Data Quality
- Assist in the definition and creation of yearly strategy and plans to support the relevant compliance programs
- May delegate task and review others’ work product for less complex projects within the job area
- Work on smaller projects under moderate supervision. Problems faced are typically complex but may require understanding of other job areas
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, banking, audit, or compliance is required.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team and independently, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines.
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, manage multiple deadlines/set priorities and dynamic changes under tight deadlines are essential.
- Strong working proficiency using MS Office tools (e.g. MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, SharePoint, and etc.).
- Experience working with network/payment card rules. Keeping up to date on all current trends related to network/payment card rules.
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge and ability to evaluate business compliance and adherence to relevant standards and able to make sound, rationale judgements and recommendations in carrying out compliance activity at an international level.
- Strong interpersonal skills, project management skills/agility, and proven abilities in good judgment and diplomacy negotiating with and influencing customers and staff at all levels, including strong written and verbal communications skills
- Extensive experience in Visa, a Membership organization, card industry or equivalent
- Awareness and understanding of Visa and Client / Industry business priorities
- Understanding and knowledge of Visa products, services, systems and Visa Rules
Work Hours: This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions