Field Marketing Consultant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Consultant, Field Demand Marketing organizes and executes program plans that create relevant two-way interactions with both prospects and existing customers across our indirect and direct to merchant partner segments to inform and influence their buying decisions and broader relationship with the organization. The role partners closely with sales teams across Asia-Pacific (AP) for Cybersource and Visa MS&A, and with indirect partners including acquirers, resellers, and tech partners. This position collaborates closely with global marketing functional teams and centers of excellence including content, product marketing, partner marketing, digital, brand and marketing operations to execute against the global marketing strategy and apply to the go-to-market approach for the AP region. The focus of this role is to provide foundational operations support and execution around partner and customer contacts, lead management and sales enablement activities for indirect and direct.
RESPONSIBILITIES FIELD MARKETING
- Engages proactively with AP marketing lead and sales teams to understand sales goals and marketing priorities across indirect, direct and priority verticals
- Collaborates with other regional field marketing team members to share ideas on programs and content and continuously look for ways to partner and scale for maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Works with analyst relations and content marketing team to capture and promote local buyer insights and trends gathered through internal experts and external market research. Incorporates insights into marketing and sales support content
MARKETING AND SALES OPERATIONAL SUPPORT
- Manages marketing operations and reporting for the region in support of annual and quarterly program plans to show marketing’s delivery of pipeline for the indirect and direct channels.
- Works with marketing and sales operations to segment, gauge propensity to buy, and optimize target audiences and manage related lists in our databases to be used for e-mail nurture and drip email programs
- Creates and manages reports on marketing qualified leads (MQLs), sales qualified leads (SQLs), and other leads attributed to marketing programs and align with AP pipeline volume, performance. Works with sales operations to ensure that lead management processes are followed to ensure proper tracking and marketing attribution.
- Supports processes and analytics related to executing account-based marketing programs in direct support of identified company and contact lists in support of global and regional sales plays
- Identifies local lead routing and scoring requirements and manage iterations according to performance working closely with the Sales Development Representatives for the region (SDRs).
- Works independently and with global events team members to plan and manage execution of virtual and in-person events, webinars, and workshops as a channel to promote our marketing and sales goals. Manages related event content and reports out on event performance, tying back to our e-nurture and email drip plans.
INDIRECT PARTNER AND SALES SUPPORT
- Works closely with indirect partner marketing resources to execute marketing plans and sales enablement activities in region aimed at increasing transaction rates for existing partners and at the recruitment of new partners including content creation, partner communications, partner portal management and account-based marketing programs for strategic partners
- Works closely with sales operations, sales enablement and sales excellence teams to ensure the AP salesforce is aware, educated and well-briefed on marketing and sales support materials available to them, where to find them, and how best use them in sales interactions. Creates sales enablement materials according to plans and requirements. Regularly gathers feedback from sales on what is and isn’t working and modifies accordingly.
- Maintains a strong understanding of Cybersource and Visa sales methodology and executes field marketing programs to adhere to and complement the structure
- Supports the development of content and presentations to be used with prospect, customer and partner pitch presentations and regular business reviews including translations
- Manages relationships with Visa approved vendors that contribute to local demand marketing programs. (i.e. agencies, designers, copywriters, translators and data providers)
- Manages local service-level agreement (SLA) deliverables
SUCCESS METRICS FIELD DEMAND MARKETING
- Marketing program metrics (awareness and engagement metrics, website performance, metrics, e-mail performance metrics such as open rates, click-through rates and lead generation)
- Lead generation metrics (sourced and influenced pipeline metrics, conversion rates, MQLs, SQLs)
- Database growth, accuracies, segmentation, and overall health
- Event metrics and KPIs (target audience, registration rates, attendee, engagement rates, download rates, lead-gen and conversion rates, influence on overall campaign effectiveness KPIs)
- Adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with other parts of the organization
- Governance and legal adherence
- Ability to exhibit all Visa values and leadership principles
- 8+ years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or at least 4 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Passionate about marketing and sales with prior marketing and sales experience in a worldwide sales-led organization
- Has a blend of analytical and operational skills
- Experience managing marketing content and event content
- Highly fluent in English both verbally and in writing
- Experience in event management and virtual event and webinar platforms or similar tools
- Experience effectively managing work across multiple time zones
- Highly proficient with email marketing software such as Oracle Eloqua or similar
- Highly proficient in all elements of Microsoft office, especially PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Highly proficient in cloud-based collaboration tools such SharePoint and Microsoft Teams
- Proficient in utilizing cloud-based CRM systems such as Salesforce (SFDC) or Microsoft Dynamics
- 8-10 years of work experience, preferably in a B2B setting and a bachelor’s degree, or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree in business (Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 6+ years in marketing, sales enablement, program management with increasing responsibility
- Passionate about marketing and sales with prior marketing sales experience/sales experience in a worldwide sales organization with experience in a B2B technology and/or payments or financial services company
- Experience in working in a field marketing or sales team as an extension of a global company located outside of geography in which candidate was located
- This position may require travel up to 10% of the time (domestic and/or international)
- Candidate must be willing to work flexible hours that enable collaboration with team members across various US and global time zones as needed
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions