Senior Marketing Associate - Affiliates
Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
We are looking for a person who can help develop and scale Klarna’s Affiliate operation, a new team focused on commercialising Klarna’s affiliate marketing opportunities for merchants and optimising affiliate performance via a variety of innovative campaigns. This role will play a part in shaping the future and scalability of our team.
The ideal candidate has a broad understanding of affiliate marketing and how to maximise results across various marketing channels. You should also have a basic understanding of Klarna as a business and the FinTech industry in general.
- Coordinate internal channels and support teams in creating and executing innovative affiliate campaigns to achieve merchant goals and make strategic campaign suggestions moving forward.
- Own all aspects of the campaign process including schedule management, approvals, research and analysis.
- Negotiate and work to increase merchant commission rates in return for exposure plans.
- Competently showcase clients our media offering and maintain in-depth product knowledge of our publishing landscape and future plans.
- Play a pivotal role in shaping our publishing strategy as we continue to develop our media offering.
- Work cross-functionally with the co-marketing, advertising and analytics team to continually improve success metrics related to campaign performance.
- Understand ad policies to maintain a high bar for all content.
- Work autonomously to meet campaign milestones and respond proactively to unforeseen challenges.
- Drive development and execution of specific tactics and activities with cross-functional teams.
- Work with advertising measurement tools and liaise with the analytics team to continually improve success metrics related to affiliate marketing campaign performance.
- A seasoned affiliate marketer with account management, sales and negotiation experience
- Previous experience within the affiliate space, with a good network of contacts.
- Have minimum 4 years experience as a marketing professional, preferably in affiliate marketing or publishing environment.
- Ideally a university degree in Marketing, Business management or equivalent.
- You are passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced working environment.
- You are customer obsessed, proactive by nature, can move between high strategy and small details, relish problem-solving, want the ability to think creatively and love the satisfaction of awesome execution.
- You love to challenge the status quo, can quickly adapt to change and have the ability to prioritise your work.
- You like working in a team and while you let others shine, you know what it takes for the teams to deliver.
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams but also working with external partners preferable.
- Proven abilities to plan and execute on multiple campaigns or projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with an ability to feedback to senior management on a regular basis.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.