Manager, Regional Merchants
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Get to know the Team:
The Regional Merchant team was established to represent the voice of all types of merchants in Grab (e.g. GrabFood, GrabMart, GrabPay, GrabAds, etc). We advocate for merchant interests and drive the holistic needs of a merchant (e.g. merchant financials, return on investment, experience). We focus on areas where it is best positioned to deliver impact and create value. Typically, this would be in close collaboration with a large group of region-wide, cross-functional teams (e.g. product, regional teams, countries).
Get to know the Role:
You will plan and drive initiatives to empower our merchants to grow with Grab, solve their everyday needs, and provide the best merchant experience at the same time. You will work cross functionally with Grab Leaders from various regional & country teams that span across all business verticals (e.g. GrabFood, GrabMart, GrabPay, GrabAds).
The day-to-day activities:
- Strategy & Leadership: You will be expected to plan and lead multiple business initiatives to drive value creation for our merchants across the Region.
- Voice of Merchants: Understand different merchant groups’ needs; gather insights from sales, ops, analytics and product teams; translate these into actions / programs (product features or business improvements); and drive progress and outcome.
- Project/Program Management: End- to-end ownership and implementation of projects. Influence prioritization and project-manage roadmaps to ensure needle-moving projects are executed successfully. Offer best-in-class experience in the different aspects of the merchant lifecycle (e.g. acquisition, onboarding, growth, ROI, settlements & cashout, etc.)
- Stakeholder Management: Be a trusted regional business partner for sales, operations, product and other teams across different business units for merchant-related initiatives. Drive strong collaboration and communication across the company.
- Product Roadmap Management: As the merchant expert, you understand their pain-points and requirements; formulate high-level solutions to be communicated to product & engineering teams; help prioritise based on impact; and agree on a rollout approach and schedule.
- Analytics: Work independently with analytics and other relevant teams to develop business metrics, analyse performance, derive actionable insights, drive impact, and compare actual outcome post-rollout to estimates
- Get your hands dirty: Willing to be hands-on in producing tangible deliverables (project plans, status reports, day-to-day execution on the ground, etc)
The must haves:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree from renowned institute
- 8 - 10 years experience in tech/management/technology consulting/management consulting/project management
- Strong business acumen, customer focused, team and results-oriented
- Strong project management, communication and stakeholder management skills. Able to articulate problems and obtain buy-ins from different teams
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work and navigate through dynamic/complex environment
- Self-driven, a highly-motivated individual who can drive progress and impact
- Handles multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- The ideal candidate will be one who is passionate about doing work that can contribute to a real impact to society, self-motivated, detailed oriented, passionate about technology, excellent communications as well as problem solving abilities. You are comfortable to work with an ambiguous, evolving situation, take charge and responsibility in a complex environment.
Nice to have:
- Prior product management experience
- Good understanding of Salesforce functional capabilities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Drive Southeast Asia Forward with us