Vice President, Enterprise Development
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Enterprise DevelopmentJob Description for Vice President, Government Engagement - Enterprise Development and Program Management (EDPM)
Mastercard is dedicated to promoting inclusive growth and financial inclusion. The mandate of the Regional Government Engagement unit is to build durable, trusted relationships with key government agencies to accelerate their transition to a cashless ecosystem though digitalization, while increasing revenues and seeding new markets for Mastercard. We drive relevance and revenues in the government space by developing effective regional go to market campaigns supported by clear priorities, success metrics and incentives. We provide expert sales support to both country managers and local sales resources through a solid client engagement playbook approach. We guide the transition from reactive solutions sales to strategic government engagement programs. And we ensure alignment between regional demand and our global solutions.
The Government Engagement regional unit helps government clients across developed and emerging markets solve their practical, everyday barriers to success. Our team is made of deep experts in both government and Mastercard solutions, of thought leaders and of deal closers. We apply our digital tools, business insights, last mile solutions and market organizing skills to support client success. We have a good idea of what works. But we also have a passion for learning, exploring new capabilities, and applying the best methodologies and insights to the government business.
This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Asia Pacific Government Engagement. The Vice President, EDPM focuses on developing strategic directions, engaging on key business development efforts as well as defining and optimizing deployment of Mastercard’s product, service and capabilities to meet the requirements of government and associated entities, especially for socio-economic development, financial inclusion, citizen services and government operational excellence.
This role is enables us to scale our business across all key markets and regions to drive revenue, market relevance and social impact. The position is deployed at regional level, and focuses on a select number of priority opportunities, segments and clients, directly agreed with Regional Government Engagement Lead and/or Regional president, in alignment with key Government Engagement and market leads.
The EDPM lead is expected to both make individual contributions and manage project teams covering strategy development, initiative development, solution definition, business case development and implementation support to help achieve the teams’ goals.
The Vice President, EDPM is accountable for:
• Lead the development and execution of strategic plans and key business development initiatives for government-related economic development programs in markets across AP
o Define strategies & initiatives to capture government payment flows and key verticals in partnership with Govt Engagement leads and Market/Division teams
o Conduct annual and periodic planning and reviews together with Government Engagement, Market/Division and relevant functional teams towards the development of local, national and regional priorities for Government Engagement
o Manage regional P&L and regional sales pipeline with Govt Engagement, Market and/or Division leadership; drive conversion, capture revenues and monitor performance
o Lead key strategic initiatives for regional Govt Engagement teams
• Manage the development of solutions and deployment efforts in collaboration with internal Mastercard teams and external parties where needed
o Develop approaches (incl. definition of relevant solutions), commercial models & business cases and initiative management mechanism for the targeted opportunities
o Manage stakeholder alignment and obtain approvals for initiative objectives, solutions, business case, delivery plans etc
o Manage, track and communicate initiative status (incl. risks, support needed, direction changes etc) to relevant project and management teams
o Develop and manage relationships with key partners and solutions providers
o Assist with the delivery of the sold project incl. project management support
• Direct engagement on key business development opportunities
o Directly manage targeted relationships with key government agencies and own selected business development KPIs (to be aligned with SVP, AP Govt Engagement)
o Support Government Engagement market leads on their engagement with government agencies especially for solutioning development and deployment
• Develop and support the regional communities of practice in Government payment flows and key verticals (e.g. collections, digital & cybersecurity, mobility, trade etc)
o Cross-fertilize local and regional best practices and support Country managers, Public Policy and Account Teams for thought leadership and strategic sales engagements
o Partner relevant MC teams to engage senior government stakeholders to influence strategic decisions (building relevance) and to develop lines of sight into new revenues
All About You
• Background in management consulting from top tier consultancies with direct senior client engagement and multi-disciplinary / sectoral experience ….. and / or ….
• Significant experience working for or closely with government agencies in driving transformative change initiatives and engaging senior government leaders
• Strong analytical skills, high organizational, cultural and situational awareness, a strategic mindset, as well as a basic understanding of financial technology solutions
• Experience in consultative selling and solution development for complex client needs
• Strong engagement and communication skills to manage internal & external stakeholders
• Strong project management and execution skillset to lead complex initiatives that require collaboration across functional, geographical and cultural lines
• Self-motivated, thrives in a fast-paced environment; readiness to take-on stretch goals.
• Strong gravitas, exceptional relationship management, influencing and communication skills.
• Undergraduate degree required. MBA or graduate degree preferred.
• Fluency in English is required. At least one other major regional language a strong plus.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities