Director, Processing Partnerships, Asia Pacific
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Here is an exciting opportunity to establish and drive forward a hugely important set of enablement partners that are increasingly becoming a vital sales channel for Visa. Your leadership will help to speed up the time it takes for Visa issuers to identify and establish the solutions needed to rapidly take their next generation issuing and acquiring programs to market, with leading payment value propositions and experiences. You will work directly with the region’s most promising FinTechs, progressive Banks, Acquirers and critical Ecosystem Enablers to quickly deploy the next generation of payment experiences.
Reporting to the Senior Director of AP Ecosystem Enablement, and aligned to the Asia Pacific Processing team and Global Processor accounts, you will be responsible for creating and leading Visa’s Processing Partnerships in the region across issuing and acquiring. Using your leadership and relationship skills, forge and manage key processor relationships and share your expertise with key Visa clients, partners and staff. Leverage your deep understanding of the issuer and/or acquirer processor landscape, environment and specific needs to drive the strategic direction of Visa’s processing solutions. You will be a key driver of Visa’s processing strategy in Asia Pacific, both setting direction and driving execution.
What you will do at Visa:
- Build and manage regional and market-level processor partnerships, across global, traditional, and neo-processor players (issuing and acquiring)
- Work closely with the global processor partner team to develop, negotiate and execute commercial constructs and agreements with processors
- Serve as Visa’s processing expert in the region to assist clients in meeting their business objectives and work cross-functionally to address business challenges and define roadmaps
- Maintain knowledge of global processing trends, including processor innovations, outsourcing versus insourcing, regulatory directions, current and new technology capabilities, open source environments, and disruptor impacts
- Partner with Visa Client Services and product to respond to technical client challenges related to issuer or acquirer processing, and provide SME knowledge on processing alternatives
- Continuously assesses client needs related to processing across the region and adjust Visa’s roadmap to address those needs
- Collaborate with issuer, acquirer and fintech client teams to construct end-to-end value propositions and solutions
- Actively manage local/regional players, as well as provide dedicated support on Visa’s three Global Processor accounts (Fiserv, FIS & Global Payments)
- Build and manage the inventory of regional players and capabilities; become the SME on all processor partners, including leading commercial, investment, and/or M&A activities
Why is this important to Visa?
VisaNet is the heart of Visa, and the rails upon which trillions of dollars rapidly flow around the world. Our processing partners are the critical on-ramp and off-ramp to these flows, and are typically the heart of our clients issuing and acquiring platforms.
In essence they are a critical part of the ecosystem, and hence of paramount importance to Visa. We will be placing these partners in your able hands to create win-win partnerships, which will have very positive material impacts on our respective organizations (efficiency gains, increased revenue flows, revenue diversification, etc.).
What you will need?
- 12+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 7 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD)
- Strong client relationship, sales and project management skills
- Strong knowledge of issuer processing, trends, and dynamics including ability to technically assess and engage with processors, FI clients, fintechs and neo-banks, non-bank program managers, and related technology players
- Ability to independently lead and manage projects with multiple work streams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
- Personal executive presence and ability to influence senior leaders and clients
- Strong expertise in partnership deal structuring, negotiation, and execution
- Analytical skill and personal drive to identify and pursue new opportunities
What will also help?
- Ideally 5 years of experience working for or with Issuer Processors and or Acquirer Processors
- Deep knowledge of the Asia Pacific region and the comparative position of regional processors
- Experience working within a matrix organization and leading projects across multiple departments and stakeholders
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions