Director – Go-to-market Lead, Data Solutions, Asia Pacific
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Data Solutions team is responsible for leading the strategy, prioritization, development and delivery of Visa’s product roadmap for all data solutions in Asia Pacific markets. The team collaborates with local and global stakeholders to deliver against Visa’s Data Solutions roadmap across Open Data, Digital ID, Risk Solutions and Data Products. The team is at the vanguard of transforming Visa business model to capture new payment flows and increase value added services adoption. Our aim is to enable Visa clients and partners leverage data to drive better customer engagement and outcomes that grow their business.
What a Go-to-market Lead in the Data Solutions team will do:
As the go-to-market lead, you will contribute to the strategy, development and deployment of Visa’s Data Solutions in the Asia Pacific region; focusing on Open Data opportunities, Data Products and over time other areas such as Risk Solutions. You will collaborate with key stakeholders, including clients and partners, to develop and execute Visa’s strategy for the Data economy. This will involve development of fit-for-purpose solutions meeting local market needs in AP markets and commercialisation of solutions working with global leaders, technology partners and in-market teams will bring this vision to life. A key part of the role is identifying and developing partnership opportunities with data companies to support the development and distribution of data solutions.
Important to the role is a client-oriented mindset when developing solutions while having a strong commercial understanding of a network business, including the application of leading technologies. Collaborating with internal and external partners and clients will lead to creation of industry leading solutions that unlock use cases for consumers and businesses. Partnership discussions will include commercial negotiations and, in some instances, investment possibilities - experience is this area will be a bonus.
Your passion for data will also enable you to provide support for the continued rollout of Visa’s existing data solutions, which will be key contributors to Visa’s overall open data capability. This will require close collaboration with client relationship managers and operational support teams to enable timely integration and enablement.
Specific areas of accountability will include:
- Taking the lead in defining a multi-year roadmap for the enablement of Visa’s Data capabilities within the regulatory and industry context in target markets
- Identify local market needs/gaps and work with internal partner teams to drive the end-to-end development and delivery of data solutions
- Implementation through regional and global teams in close collaboration with other key functional areas including client services, risk, strategy and government relations
- Be the internal advocate for the implementation of Asia Pacific requirements with regional and global teams.
- Provide guidance and expertise for product and client facing teams and lead discussions with prospective clients on all open data related aspects with specific focus on Visa’s solutions.
- Provide input and leadership to regulatory and industry developments
- Close monitoring of market trends, emerging technologies and prospective partners in the general Data Solutions space
- Assist in the development of strategic recommendations and business cases for possible local partnerships or acquisitions to assist achieving Visa’s strategic goals.
- Own and drive Revenue and Sales targets through initial commercialization phase for new Data Solutions brought to market
Why this is important to Visa
To enable Visa’s goal of becoming a network-of-networks, it will be critical to ensure Visa plays an active role in the emerging open data economy. The use of data to facilitate innovative financial services and revenues will become increasingly important to Visa’s clients and our expertise and track record as the leading payments network in the world means Visa is best placed to fulfil these requirements. The Visa data solutions and the broader Visa product team will be at the leading edge of this transformation and will provide the vision and roadmap to make it a reality.
What you will need:
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A strategic vision and the ability to communicate that vision to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to engage diverse groups, including senior executives and share Visa’s vision and roadmap.
- Work with cross-functional teams in an agile manner to achieve joint goals of Visa and that of selected partner(s).
- Challenge and inspire colleagues and enable them to gain confidence and familiarity with Visa’s data solutions.
- Prior experience in bringing a new product idea from conceptualisation to implementation, through a unique combination of technical knowledge and commercial mindedness.
The following are mandatory requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree ideally, a BA/BS/B Eng. degree in related technical field, or equivalent practical experience in conjunction with a less technical bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 12-15 years’ experience in a related field with Product management experience including, product conception as well as launching, building, and growing multiple products with depth in digital identity, machine learning and/or artificial intelligence
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including Sales, Engineering, Design, and Marketing
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment with global and regional teams
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders and clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What will also help:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Ability to evolve strategy based on research, data, and industry trends
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, analytical and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Experience with Agile methodology to drive product development and delivery
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions