This job is no longer accepting applications.
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
About the role
Joining our growing Technology Team as a Salesforce Developer, you will advise and collaborate with the wider business to design and implement Salesforce-led solutions.
What you'll be doing
- Design and implement efficient Salesforce led solutions to satisfy validated business needs
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Provide thought leadership for major Salesforce application solutions as a subject matter expert
- Collaborate with other internal application teams to design and develop integration solution between in-house applications and our platform
- Evaluate and test proposed third party app exchange solutions
- Assist in defining testing strategy and risks, as well as perform testing and quality assurance as required
- Create new and document changes to solution design and implementation on the platform.
- Manage ongoing support requests, ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Advise on Salesforce capability and incorporate best practices in solution design the is secure and scalable
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve DevOps methods and practices
- Provide guidance on development which includes test class and automation frameworks
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of Salesforce data model and data architecture principles
- Strong understanding of Salesforce declarative capabilities, and ability to determine right customisation approach
- Hands-on Salesforce development experience including APEX Controllers and Triggers, Batch, Integration, APIs, SOQL, SOSL, VFP, Lightning frameworks and LWC
- Hands on experience working with version control and CI/CD infrastructure
- Proficiency with Salesforce application development tools (Process Builder, Visual flow, workflows, IDE, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce platform
- Knowledge of object-oriented methodologies and approaches
- Proficiency in web-based application development languages and tools
- Knowledge of integration patterns
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, configuration, testing, debugging, implementation, and support
- Good understanding and experience with agile delivery methodology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into requirements
- Good understanding of authentication, authorisation and security patterns
Culture and Perks
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 3 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking