Director, Data Platforms
Director, Data PlatformsOverview:
Open Banking is a global phenomenon and the key driving force in the banking industry that is reshaping the competitive landscape and presenting commercial opportunities for consumer-centric digital products for banks and fintechs. Mastercard has been building and deploying open banking products and solutions primarily in the EU region. We have recently acquired Finicity, a leading data aggregator in the US to help advance Mastercard’s Open Banking strategy aligned with our vision in the US and the global marketplace.
Reporting to the Vice President, Data Platforms, this role is responsible for design, creation and execution of Mastercard’s enterprise data platforms to allow new data sourced from our open banking channels to be discoverable for data access, corrections, consent, investigations and for further innovation. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with Fincity business stakeholders, Open Banking teams and other business units to leverage enterprise assets, integrate and enable open banking globally ensuring alignment with global and regional go-to-market strategies.
The Enterprise Data Platforms team in the Data Strategy & Management organization (Chief Data Office).
• Work with executive management and cross-functional business stakeholders to define and continuously refine strategic data priorities and roadmaps for the creation of new enterprise data platforms such as - data access, corrections, consent, rule frameworks, investigations etc. for new open banking data and information assets such as - financial and non-financial data, consent data, credit data, investigations etc starting with Fincity
• Work with global and regional stakeholders, privacy, legal and Finicity teams to understand global credit and personal data compliance requirements, and data localization requirements to scale enterprise data platforms to other geographies as our open banking connectivity expands.
• Collaborate with UX team to define customer experience strategies and build roadmaps for the new and expanded platform capabilities. Create and manage a prioritized product backlog. Work with technical stakeholders and scrum teams to lead the implementation effort, advise prioritization, and execute per the Product and CX roadmap.
• Own and drive the build and the execution of the new and expanded enterprise data platforms: define value-driven requirements with clearly defined success criteria and deliver superior product versions.
• Conduct research to gather and leverage market insights, understand key challenges and possible solutions, trends and commercial opportunities in the open banking space to inform platform strategies, differentiated solutions and custo mer experiences that enhance transparency and allow control to the end user
• Collaborate with the regional and global business stakeholders to identify impactful revenue generating use cases, propose recommendations, drive the adoption of the data platform capabilities and, opportunities to scale to achieve efficiency. Develop business case, explain purpose, benefits, and strategy for execution.
• Own, develop and maintain documentation and training content.
• Collaborate with product operations to identify opportunities for simplifying and streamlining operational processes.
All About You
• Significant experience in product development and management building enterprise-grade global data platforms for regulated data such as credit data with proven success in creating and executing successful product, CX and platform strategies.
• Expertise in Open Banking ecosystem – banking services innovation, value added solutions for consumers, commercial opportunities, payments innovation and fintech sectors.
• Knowledge of global credit, fair lending and housing laws, privacy laws, including FCRA compliance.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze complex information product constructs.
• Possess a true agile mindset and comprehensive experience in agile delivery methodologies.
• Ability to articulate the vision, strategy and roadmap of the product platforms to the technical scrum teams, translate into actionable goals, document requirements for the integration and governance of credit data assets.
• Self-starter with professional integrity, strong work ethics and passion to drive results.
• Must work well in both team and individual settings and must be able to work with a geographically dispersed team.
• Ability to develop constructive working relationships, lead and collaborate with scrum teams in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to influence, negotiate, and present to a variety of audiences.
• Master’s degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Sciences, or proven equivalent experience in the related disciplines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities