Software Engineer Senior
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS, you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
Position – Software Engineer
Required Experience – 7+ to 10 Years
Work Location – Whitefield, Bangalore,pune
Educational Qualification – Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in IT/Computer Science/Equivalent
About Team & Product/Project Details:
- Highly effective delivery of Regulatory Compliance by providing a central focal point of regulatory compliance, especially where there is the duplication of efforts across cores and/or a financial entity to fully meet the compliance requirements
- The objective of improving a financial entity’s (FE) ability to comply with government regulations, tax reporting, and tax withholding
What you will be doing:
- Drives the developments and also coordinates with other teams.
- Implements the best practices and coding standards for the project
- Develops the detailed design structure after understanding the requirements.
- Reviewing the decisions, the team makes to ensure consistency and alignment with the existing framework
- Mentoring team members
- Analyzing existing operations and scheduling sessions and meetings to discuss improvements
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
- Code review.
- Scrum estimation and tracking
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
What you bring:
- Spring, Hibernate, AngularJS, Node
- Web Service (Rest/SOAP)
- Agile scrum experience
- 7+ years overall experience in enterprise application development
- Proficiency in Core Java Language and Web Technologies
- Proficiency in J2EE, XML, and Spring framework
- Excellent hands-on experience in Web Services (REST and Soap).
- Good Experience in building and deploying J2EE applications on cloud infrastructure.
- Experience of working under a scaled agile model and a distributed team.
- Proven experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment is an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong J2EE skills
- Self-motivated, strong initiative, excellent communication skills.
- Bash, python, shell scripting
- Oracle database, Postgresql database database, MySQL database.
- OpenShift containerization
- Jenkins pipeline
- Groovy scripting
- Git as version control.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communicator – the ability to discuss technical and commercial solutions to internal and external parties and adapt depending on the technical or business focus of the discussion
- Attention to detail – the track record of authoring high-quality documentation
- Organized approach – manage and adapt priorities according to client and internal requirements
- Self-starter but team mindset - work autonomously and as part of a global team
Bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of containerization and container-orchestration system
What We Offer You:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities.
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests