Software Engineer II - Java Full Stack Developer
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Java Full Stack Developer - 3-6 Years
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
In today’s highly competitive private equity market, firms must not only deliver superior returns, but also respond to more stringent reporting requirements and increasing demands for information – both from within and outside their organization. Throughout the industry there is mounting pressure on organizations to do more, requiring a clear technology strategy that not only addresses the demands of today, but also enables the growth and performance of tomorrow.
What you will be doing
This position would be part of CORE product development team to work on:
- Development of new modules & functionality.
- Fixing of the production bugs for existing clients.
- Contribute in team meetings to provide suggestions or raise concerns where necessary
- Participate actively in Agile SCRUM & play the role that SCRUM team demands
- Participate in technology discussions to perform POC’s & help in scaling the application
- Provide technical guidance to other team members.
What you bring:
Knowledge / Experience
- 3-6 years of hands-on experience on Java with knowledge of Garbage Collector, JMS, Event Based programming, Collections, Java Streams, Spring Dependency Injection Framework.
- Experience in Angular JS.
- Experience working with Spring and Hibernate frameworks.
- Working knowledge on application Servers (WildFly)
- Strong experience in REST Web Services.
- Good knowledge in writing DB queries (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environment and proven knowledge of scripting languages
- Exposure to MQ / AMQ messaging system.
- Sound knowledge of Design Patterns
- Desired to have knowledge of JMX
- Agile – SCRUM or XP or TDD methodology preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communicator – ability to discuss technical solutions to internal and external parties and adapt depending on the technical or business focus of the discussion
- Attention to detail – track record of authoring high quality documentation
- Organized approach – manage and adapt priorities according to client and internal requirements
- Self-starter but team mindset - work autonomously and as part of a global team
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Advancing the ways the world pays, banks and invests