Manager, Product Development, Enterprise Data Platforms
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Development, Enterprise Data PlatformsOverview:
The Manager, Product Development, Enterprise Data Platforms is responsible for designing enterprise data assets and platforms to allow a broad range of data consumers (Data Scientists, Data Analysts, etc.) to more easily discover, understand, and use data, and to enable a broad range of data-driven innovative products and services. This role will interact with Mastercard business stakeholders to identify common needs and requirements, build a business case and work with technology stakeholders to deliver world-class enterprise capabilities which meet the strategic business objectives of the Data Strategy and Management (DSM) team. This role will report to the Director, Product Development, Enterprise Data Platforms.
About Data Strategy & Management:
Data Strategy & Management (DSM) is the Chief Data Office of Mastercard and is responsible for improving enterprise-wide data practices and ensures data is at the center all products and services we build.
As a Manager on the Enterprise Data Platforms team you will:
• Work with business stakeholders to define and align on the strategic priorities and platform product roadmap to improve data discovery, data usage, data quality and the data governance for enterprise information assets (internal and external data sources) aligned with the vision of Data Strategy & Management.
• Serve as liaison between business and technical stakeholders to lead the implementation of enterprise solutions, advise prioritization, and execute per the product roadmap. Define value driven features with clear and concise success criteria. Create and manage the product backlog in close partnership with business and technology teams. Own and drive end-to-end feature delivery to release successful versions of the product.
• Collaborate with the business stakeholders to identify impactful use cases within the organization to drive the adoption of the platform capabilities and, opportunities to scale to achieve efficiency. Develop business case, explain purpose, benefits, and strategy for execution.
• Conduct research to gather insights from the industry and understand best practices to inform the implementation strategy
• Facilitate development and implementation of data discovery, data quality and data governance processes and standards for adoption across the enterprise. Own, develop and maintain documentation and training content for the product as it evolves
• Collaborate with product operations team to identify opportunities to simplify and streamline processes
• Contribute to the development of enterprise-wide data standards for managing the data life cycle and quality at Mastercard
All About You
• Significant experience in product development and management building data platforms with proven success in creating and executing successful product and platform strategies.
• Strong product development background executing with SAFE or other equivalent agile methodologies.
• Extensive knowledge of data discovery, data quality and data governance practices, management of enterprise information assets and data lifecycle management.
• Implementation experience with data management products from vendors such as Informatica, Collibra, Oracle etc. in areas of data discovery, data management, data governance and data quality.
• Ability to articulate the vision, strategy and roadmap of the product platforms to the technical scrum teams, translate into actionable goals, document requirements for the integration and governance of enterprise information assets
• Understanding of data governance product landscape, awareness of industry best practices and approaches to solve for data governance challenges
• Possess a true agile mindset and comprehensive experience in agile delivery methodologies
• Ability to develop constructive working relationships, lead and collaborate with scrum teams in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
• Self-starter with professional integrity, strong work ethics and passion to drive results
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to influence, negotiate, and present to a variety of audiences.
• Certification in Scaled Agile Framework is a plus.
• Master’s degree in Data Management, Management Information Systems or Computer Sciences or proven equivalent experience in the related disciplines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities