Senior Manager, Software Development
This job is no longer accepting applications.
• Manage and coach teams comprising highly skilled engineers at different experience levels.
• Participate in the analysis, architecture, design, and delivery of large-scale enterprise-grade products & platforms.
• Be able to define and set standards for engineering rigor and help cultivate an engineering-driven culture
• Drive Engineering strategy and vision for the product working closely with customers and product managers.
• Should be able to help develop rapid prototypes and proof of concepts to facilitate decision-making.
• Be able to motivate the team to innovate and contribute to open source projects as need arises.
- Experience developing software, primarily with object-oriented languages such as Java/Scala
- Deep understanding of and extensive experience applying advanced object-oriented design and development principles
- Perform high-quality software analysis, design, development, testing, and maintenance for the PayPal core technology platform
- Leads product design and code reviews; can competently review any aspect of their product or major sub-system.
- Drives architecture discussions, and proposes solutions to system and product changes.
- Spends most of the time developing code, and efficiently produces exemplar and thoroughly tested code for the most challenging features. Code typically persists for the lifetime of a software version.
- Experience developing data-driven applications using an industry standard RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.), including strong data architecture and SQL development skills
- Expertise in online payments and related domains is a plus
- Monitor performance of individual contributors and help manage their professional development.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal