Senior Software Engineer, Innovation
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa Innovation Center focuses on building technology for the next generation of payments. We work on solving hard problems of the future in IoT, Mobile, UX and Data Analytics. We are looking for hands-on expert level software engineers to help us build some innovative products.
This role requires quick problem solving skills, logical thinking, and application of programming techniques to design, build, and maintain code. Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms is a must. In addition to the technical skill set, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Sr. Software Engineer is an individual contributor role, and this developer will lead development of several innovation projects. These projects will be instrumental in making an impact on Visa and the payments industry as a whole.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Expert level skills in Java / C# / C++
- In-depth knowledge of data structures implementation and optimization
- Expert level skills in multi-threading, concurrency, and error-handling
- Expert level skills in implementing design patterns (singleton, facade, factory, observer etc.)
- Experience building enterprise scale web services (RESTful), and their scalability, resiliency, and availability
- Experience building application frameworks or reusable components
- Experience in network programming (Sockets) to build service self-healing
- Experience implementing multiple cross cutting concerns and non-functional requirements using aspect oriented programming (viz. aspectJ)
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing large components for enterprise projects
- Experience in Building highly robust Android or iOS applications
- Experience in building ODATA compliant REST services
- Experience in language features such as lambda expressions, generics, and streams
- Experience in working on cryptography and Bluetooth based transmission protocols
- Experience in IoT, NFC, machine learning / data science, NLP
- Experience in payments tech industry
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions