Senior Android Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third-party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Payments applications and services related to point of sale, payment processing, performance monitoring, consumer analytics, and test automation
- Execute rapid prototyping to facilitate proof of concept and demonstrations for complex requirements and features
- Work closely with local and international development team in enhancing global solutions
- Liaise with external developers and handle support processes using Atlassian tools - JIRA and Confluence
- Participate in stand-ups, retrospectives and reviews to drive findings and key takeaways toward continuous process improvements
What qualifications will you need to be successful
- At least 8 years of solid Android Development experience using Java
- Payment industry exposure desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or any related field
- Exposure to agile and scrum methodologies
- Strong command of the programming concepts
- Strong C/C++programming skills in an embedded environment
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Strong Git knowledge
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communications skills
- Must be self-motivated
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Verifone solves the world’s most complex payment challenges every day