Senior Software Engineer, Development - Open VisaNet
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is ideal for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. You will be an integral part of the Open VisaNet development team. Open VisaNet; The Next Generation payment processing platform for Visa, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa’s Key initiative that will provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. It is built as a modern distributed architecture based on micro services with goals of five 9’s availability, fault tolerance, horizontal scalability and real time latency for largest scale transaction processing. Open VisaNet leverages state of the art Open Software technologies to achieve these goals on commodity hardware, such as Golang, Kafka, Apache Spark, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Design, develop and own mission-critical systems for highly scalable infrastructure for low-latency and high-throughput core payment processing system that has five 9’s availability.
- Deliver zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Ensure proper metrics and instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
- Performance Tuning and Increase Operational efficiency on a continuous basis
- Ensuring proper documentation and internal publishing of design tradeoffs, best practices and lessons learned
- Lead the development of new products iteratively by building quick Proof of Concepts and converting ideas into real products
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
- More than 3 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree OR SIMILAR EXPERIENCE [Check with HR ?]
- Software development experience in delivering high quality enterprise class applications that support high-throughput/availability/resiliency/low-latency at scale
- Experience with programming languages like GoLang, Java, Python/Ruby etc
- Strong on elegant coding; can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly
- Leveraging DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous deployment, Test Automation
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels
- Master's degree in computer science or a related technical discipline
- Domain experience in Payment technologies
- Experience with container technologies like docker, kubernetes and NoSql databases
- Understanding of architecture and operations micro-service oriented systems
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions