Business Development Manager, Merchant and Acquirer Solutions Sales
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Deepening partnerships with merchants and acquirers is a critical component of Visa’s expand access and digital infrastructure strategy. Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) is the local Visa team tasked with this responsibility and plays an important role in growing business with merchants, acquirers, payments gateways and other technology partners in Japan. Visa has reinforced its focus on long-term cashless growth by developing partnerships, enhancing market investments, and having the right talent to execute directly with our key partners in Japan.
What a Account Executive, Merchant and Acquirer Solutions Sales does at Visa:
We are looking for motivated individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership and a consultative approach to resolve client / prospective client needs. The ideal candidate must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with clients and across the Visa organization.
The best-suited candidate be a persuasive, inspiring and clear communicator with high emotional intelligence and will possess a strong accomplishment record of motivating teams and building consensus. The position requires the ability to apply strong analytical and critical thinking skills to solve business problems.
- Proactively engage with clients in regular strategic & planning discussions to increase client and Visa market share and revenues
- Develop, manage and win a pipeline of acquiring solutions and gateway revenues from current clients and new prospects
- Establish and maintain positive and constructive relationships with key acquirers and merchant clients and influence preference for Visa through provision of business solutions through Visa capabilities including CyberSource gateway solutions.
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing, analytics, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Produce insights and analyses to improve client performance and drive understanding of client issues list out the key accountabilities and objectives of the role.
Why this is important to Visa
This is the key role to enhance Visa’s Value Added Services which has a strong growth potential. Providing Visa’s innovative solutions to the market will achieve success & satisfaction for all stakeholders, such as consumers, merchants, PSPs, technology partner and Acquirers. We are committed towards building a viable and committed payment ecosystem of payments worldwide.
What you will need:
We are looking for individuals with strong account management and sales experience along with deep payment and consulting expertise to provide analysis and strategic thinking to shape the services we deliver to clients and lead consulting engagements to develop actionable and scalable insights and solutions.
Qualifications – Basic
- Strong Account Plan development
- Substantial problem solving ability with strategic focus on impacting ROI
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Executive presence including excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration capabilities across a matrixed organization
- Experience in managing and closing complex opportunities and deals
- Holds self and others accountable for measurable high quality, timely and effective results.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with senior executives.
- Ability to communicate in English. High fluency preferred.
Qualifications – Preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Sales & Account Management within for a technology company, corporate or management consulting experience
- Strong project management and planning skills with ability to progress multiple priorities concurrently
- Experience in acquiring payments, eCommerce and/or digital merchant solution experience a bonus
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions