Staff Software Engineer - Cybersource
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Staff Software Engineer within Cybersource - MAPPD, you will take a “subject matter expert” role in the design, build, and enhancement of key modules of our Payment Acceptance and Transaction Processing products. Utilizing your expertise you will fulfil the role of design lead and will be responsible for driving technical strategy within the organization.
The scope of this role extends beyond core software development; you will be the owner of the new features design, build and implementation of complex systems that process millions of transactions per day.
In addition, you will be a pivotal technical leader within the Cybersource team to ensure the continued development of innovative and ingenious solutions. You will think globally and ensure we continue to architect high performance, scalable systems that are built the “right way”.
As a Staff Software Engineer with Cybersource, you will:
- Be at the forefront of translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Have significant influence on our strategy by helping define and build the next wave of product features and system architecture
- Champion Agile to drive change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process
- Utilize your sharp design and coding skills to create applications at a massive scale which are used by millions of people across the globe
- Take a hands-on role in influencing and guiding day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation
- Be motivated by building elegant and maintainable systems that get the job done with minimal complexity
- Be the ambassador for engineering best practice across the development lifecycle and champion continuous improvement across the Dev Organization
- Be an evangelist for Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 8 years or more of relevant experience in application development and implementing (designing, coding and testing) Java based applications with exposure to both front end development frameworks and back end processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or other Engineering discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience building applications using Spring Boot.
- Experience building and architecting large-scale, production quality backend systems, especially in micro services based distributed applications with high availability.
- Familiar with parallel / distributed systems.
- Experience with metrics and evaluation for large systems.
- Knowledge of common data structures, optimising code with efficient algorithms and ability to write efficient code in Java.
- Demonstrated knowledge of RDBMs and SQL with experience in building complex database queries based on the understanding of the data model is a big plus.
- Experience in configuring CI/CD pipeline using industry standard tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Maven etc is plus.
- Experience with messaging systems including Kafka or Active MQ will be a plus.
- Enjoy working fast and smart, and able to grasp complex concepts to design and build algorithms from scratch.
- Proficiency with Agile Development Techniques.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- Candidate must be able to proficiently multi-task.
- Strong teamwork focus and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Passionate about learning and applying new technologies; and takes pride in delivering working software
- Have a proven-track record within a technical lead/architect role to produce innovative and simple solutions to complex problems
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results
- Be comfortable challenging the norm; always on the lookout for new technologies and work with fellow technologists to implement these into the work stream
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions