Staff Data Engineer, Business Solutions - Data Product Development
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are developing and executing a shared strategic vision for Business Solutions Data Services platforms and products that enable Visa to be the world-leading data-driven payments company. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of a world-class team of Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills and expertise with Big Data systems integration and technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, development, testing, and documentation. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design and develop, highly scalable, available, resilient, distributed and multi-tenant applications
- Apply data analytics and machine learning to Visualise, Analyse data patterns and its changes for Operational and Business intelligence to predict and resolve issues ahead of time
- Partner with Site-Reliability-Engineers and Product owners to design and develop Data Observability (Metrics, Distributed traces, Logs) solutions for Distributed Systems
- Lead and take initiative in all phases of software development lifecycle: analysis, technical design, planning, development, testing/CICD, release, post production/escalation support
- Mentor junior team members, champion best practices for software development, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
7+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 4 years of relevant work experience with a Masters Degree, or a PhD.
- Strong Experience in developing customer focused data products and the data lake using technologies across Java(Spring Batch) and one or more NoSQL database(ex: Elasticsearch)
- Experience in building enterprise Data Processing Pipelines (Sourcing, ETL, Data Modelling, Infrastructure, Data Visualization, Predictive Analytics) and multiple tools to support those components
- Exposure to Time series Database(Prometheus, M3DB) and Distributed tracing
- Experience on Big Data Platform(SPARK, HDFS, MongoDB) is a big plus
- Experience in Agile methodology and CICD - configuration management, test automation, deployment automation, using industry standard CI/CD tools
- Result oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills, and Experience in leading broad initiatives and teams
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions