Manager, Data Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are developing and executing a shared strategic vision for Loyalty and Marketing platforms and products that enable Visa to be the world-leading data-driven payments company. As a Software Development Manager, you will mentor a world-class team of Development and Test Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will initiate processes that allow the team to collaborate with local as well as global teams with a high degree of efficiency. You will lead a team of highly motivated and talented individuals that can collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers and SMEs across the company on high impact marketing technology initiatives. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development, and testing of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex products with significant bottom line impact
- Develop and nurture team of engineers by motivating and mentoring, and assisting in hiring critical talent
- Work with product owners in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities that helps them succeed in their business goals
- Work closely with architects and senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
- Mentor junior team members, develop departmental procedures and best practices standards
- Collaborate, negotiate, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate new ideas with business partners
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MS or other related advanced degree preferred.
- Requires 5+ years of experience, at least 3 years of which were in leading engineering teams
- Previous exposure to financial services is a plus, but not required
- Extensive experience with SQL and Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Java, Spark, Hive, etc.) for large scale data processing and data transformation
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau, or other programs highly desired
- Experience working in an Agile and Test-Driven development environment.
- Experience with Kafka is highly desired
- Strong knowledge of API development is highly desired
- Strategic thinker and good business acumen to orient data engineering to the business needs of internal and external clients
- Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, strong attention to detail, team oriented, energetic, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions