Director, Sales & Business Development, Visa B2B Connect Sales, Korea & Mongolia
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Visa Business Solutions (VBS) team is a world-class commercial organization experiencing tremendous, double-digit growth as we expand into new payment flows and continue to grow our core card solutions. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our team as we expand to bring payment solutions and associated services to clients around the globe. Our global clients and partners deploy our solutions to serve the needs of Small Businesses, Middle Market Clients, Large Corporate Clients and Governments. We work closely with Financial Institutions, Issuers, Merchants, FinTechs and other ecosystem players to deliver these services. We believe that the market is at an inflection point whereby Visa can play a larger role in building and delivering solutions around the world. Our focus within Business Solutions is to identify needs, assess opportunities and options and quickly act upon our vision while ensuring strong execution.
What a Sales Director does at Visa:
· You will be a part of a high-performing team across multiple geographies working with account managers, product and implementation teams and cross functional partners in Asia Pacific and globally to develop the pipeline and close deals with FIs and ensure the product is launched against local market and client needs.
· You are passionate about sales, driving results, customer experience, innovation and business growth and will be responsible for delivering on sales targets and outcomes. You will take responsibility for the implementation of sales plans through reporting, tracking and supporting joint objectives with each in-country team and continuously coordinating and updating plans and ensuring the localization of global initiatives.
· This is a highly commercial role and target driven role, and you will need to prove the financial success of your efforts by delivering and executing on key sales performance metrics. You will need strong financial, analytical, collaborative and product skills required to manage major opportunities.
· In coordination with the account executives, you will need to source new relationship contacts to Visa relating to the international payment segment through traditional financial institution channels. You will closely engage with senior stakeholders in the Corporate Banking, Cash Management, Treasury, Network Management and Payment Strategy teams in the FI community to make a compelling case to position B2B Connect, as a complement and alternative to correspondent banking and existing account to account cross border payment solutions which enables new client banking services. This sales effort will require challenging other long-established services providers and principles of correspondent banking and navigating change management within the client organization.
· To be successful, you will need to be able to develop and communicate financial offers and implementation approaches and solutions. On the financial side, you’ll be required to work with sales teams and account executives to make incentive and pricing recommendations to the Visa Asia Pacific leadership. To help unlock the potential of these deals, the role will require that you investigate transaction use cases, channels, currencies and approaches to FX to help build service rollout plans. This may require working with third party technology providers and system integrators.
· You will develop working relationship with participants and leaders in the wholesale, transaction banking industry, including industry groups, technology integrators and payment system providers. You need to maintain and share expertise on industry challenges and regional and key global initiatives in cross-border payments and understand how the issues of complex global payment requirements, regulation, AP/AR and new technology drivers impact offerings of large, regional and neo-banks.
· You will be required to develop and own product expertise to proactively advocate as a subject matter expert to clients, partners and internal stakeholders which will require a deep understanding of product functionality, and roadmap, regulatory and compliance issues, and the technology and operational environment of target customers, including the major operational risk issues.
· The Visa B2B Connect (‘B2B Connect’) product is at an early stage of its lifecycle and as so, you will be required to liaise with the regional and global product team to provide client feedback, build use cases and assist with the future development of the product.
· In this role you will need to continue the customer relationship to uncover new opportunities as the B2B Connect product evolves. To meet your customer needs and grow Visa’s business, you will need to advocate new functionality or processes with the B2B Connect product team and make pro-active contributions to product roadmap prioritization by providing analysis, insight and ongoing monitoring of market trends, regulations and competitive analysis.
· As a member of the Visa Business Solutions sales team, you will be required to contribute your knowledge of Treasury banking products to other areas of the Visa Business Solutions business and support your sales and Business Development/Account Executive colleagues. In particular, you will need to have a good understanding of relevant regulatory changes and payment industry changes in your target markets.
· You will serve as role model for the team by acting with integrity, being accountable for commitments, promoting transparency and healthy debate on key issues, and being a strong and articulate voice of Visa.
Why this is important to Visa
With the responsibility of driving the commercialization of B2B Connect in Korea and Mongolia, this business development role is fully aligned to Visa’s New Payment Flows strategic growth agenda. B2B Connect is Visa’s first non-card based large value payment product using distributed ledger technology. It is a unique and exciting opportunity to join the Asia Pacific Visa Business Solutions Team and the Global Visa B2B Connect sales team as we expand globally. We are looking for an experienced Korea based sales leader with financial service industry experience to drive B2B Connect’s expansion initiatives.
What you will need:
· Bilingual in Korean
· University degree
· 10-12 years of business development work experience involving FI clearing sales, correspondent banking, cash product management, transaction banking, treasury management and/or launching new FI products from a top tier financial institution, an industry technology provider, a network, or payment consultancy.
· A detailed knowledge of cross-border / SWIFT message standards, nostro and vostro account operation, and flows of funds and FX operations between correspondent banks.
· Fluency in English with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Ideally, you will be comfortable representing Visa with internal stakeholders, our customers, regulators and in public forums, reflecting the Visa values.
· An interest in the future of payments and the change being driven by regulation
What will also help:
· Established individual in the cross-border payments industry in the Asia Pacific region with relevant sales experience in the specified market scope
· Demonstrable understanding of the challenges of corporate treasurers, international businesses, and in particular of the challenges on offering a consistent, predictable, global client experience in a cost-effective manner, and how banks, technology providers and networks work together to address that.
· A proven record of accomplishment relating to complex solutions sales activity in the cross-border payment environment to deliver transformational change ideally at banks and/or other payment organisations. You must be able to engage with senior client contacts in the Treasury Services and Transaction Banking segment to engage and sell B2B Connect and other associated products.
· A high level of energy and desire to educate both customers and internal colleagues on the capabilities and benefits of technical, financial products, by making complex solutions understandable and engaging for your audience.
· Organizational skills and commitment to executing continuous product enhancements with the ability to translate analytics, research, and client/consumer needs into market insights, actionable plans and deliverables.
· Influencing and strong relationship skills to gain confidence of clients and both internal and external partners and have the credibility to negotiate. You must be able to create effective project teams through open and transparent relationships with cross functional partners.
· Being a proactive and collaborative problem-solver who can work independently with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders including senior executives in a matrix environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions