Strategic Account Manager - Mid Market
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
Square's global Account Management team works with existing high value Square sellers to further grow their businesses using Square's powerful ecosystem of products. Our Account Managers partner with Sales, Product and Marketing teams to understand our existing sellers, meet their needs and grow their businesses with Square solutions. We are looking for a Strategic Account Manager to join our Australia team. You will manage relationships with some of Square's largest sellers and grow our Mid-Market Accounts program - which establishes, retains, and grows Square's most valuable and engaged single-brand sellers.
You will report to the Head of Account Management in Australia and can be based anywhere on the East Coast of Australia and work from home, or in our Melbourne office. You will work with business owners and c-level executives to find creative ways for Square's first and third-party products (ecosystem) to solve their complex needs. You will help sellers to grow with Square while sharing seller insights to Square product teams. Someone who is an over-performer on performance metrics in your current role, you will engage customers and influence through excellent storytelling and organisation. You will use technical frameworks for product solutions and be tuned into commerce trends. You will identify "mutual win" opportunities, while navigating complex projects and negotiations and will be inspired by serving customers.
- Manage a book of approximately 50 Mid-Market Sellers across Australia
- Grow account-based revenue by use-case expansion opportunities, cross-sell opportunities, and customised seller onboarding experiences
- Identify opportunities for technical Square solutions to address existing customer needs and project manage the execution of these technical solutions in collaboration with other Square teams
- Partner with Strategic Account Executives in the Sales team on high-growth deals
- Negotiate contracts for use-case expansion and retention of your sellers
- Be the voice of the upmarket seller with US-based Product Teams
- Provide white glove client service to ensure prompt resolution of issues
- Inform operations and program design for this segment at scale
- Sales or account management experience working with existing customers
- Experience selling an enterprise SaaS product solution that includes API integrations
- Experience over-performing against individual metrics
- Remarkable discovery skills with customers
- Experience working with technical solutioning frameworks, including the ability to conduct requirements gathering
- Proven experience managing projects internally with engineering, product and finance teams
- Experience doing contract and pricing negotiations with external partners
- Creativity, able to resolve issues and handle opportunities with no existing guide
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.