Full Stack Software Engineer - Remote, from anywhere in Australia
Zip is a high-growth fintech, founded in Australia and expanding worldwide, with the purpose to give people the freedom to own it. We use technology and data to bring customers and partners together through a valued and fair payments experience. Zip is growing rapidly and globally; and our mission is to enable our consumers to choose Zip as their first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
We’ve built an amazing culture at Zip, and our teams are proud to work hard to provide innovative solutions to our customers and partners. Our values are central to everything we do: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together, and Raise the Bar.
Engineering at Zip
At Zip, we build cloud-native software applications that serve millions of customers and process billions of dollars in payments. We use microservices, domain-driven design and event-driven architectures to ensure scalability and performance as we grow, and all this presents some fascinating engineering problems for our squads to solve.
We strive to create high quality software and deliver at a high pace. As such we utilize test driven development and continuous integration / continuous deployment tools, along with agile planning and iterative development techniques, and we really value clean code, good design and automated testing.
The Role: (work from anywhere in Australia)
- The purpose of the Full Stack Software Engineer role is to craft and deploy high quality software, as part of your squad. You will also contribute to (and sometimes lead) architectural and solution design discussions, guide and coach less experienced engineers, and contribute to the growth of Zip’s Engineering team.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will iterate quickly, optimize, and pivot solutions to satisfy requirements. Working with the Zip Business squad you will also collaborate closely with Product, Design and Marketing teams to build and maintain services and platforms related to our Trade and Trade Plus products.
What you'll do:
- Write code that is clean, highly maintainable and well tested
- Perform effective code reviews
- Cross collaborate with other Engineers, Designers and Product Managers within the technology teams
- Troubleshoot and solve technical problems to ensure best practice is maintained
- Contribute to the product roadmap of new and innovative products
- Improve the codebase, and make suggestions on where we can improve further
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Work in a team with a "customer first" and “team first” mentality
Your skills and experience:
- 3-5 years experience working as a software engineer in an agile environment
- A deep understanding of modern software architecture
- Advanced experience with .Net Framework and .Net Core
- Experience with infrastructure and AWS services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, and Cloudfront, SNS/SQS, ECS/EKS, API Gateway, Cloudfront, etc.
- Experience building and designing systems and microservices with an event driven architecture - kafka or equivalent
- Containerization experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong experience with Relational Databases including SQL Server, PostgreSQL and TSQL
- ReactJS or Angular 8+, although Vue and other web frameworks / libraries are also appreciated
- A solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and principles
Good to have experience, not mandatory:
- Experience developing financial services, accounting or payment systems is highly desirable!
- Passionate about Continuous Delivery and rapid product development
- Managing infrastructure-as-code with Terraform
- Stream processing with Kafka as well as visualization and analytics tools such as Grafana and Kibana
- Understanding of implementation and configuration of a modern marketing tech stack including: Braze, Branch, Amplitude, Segment, GA/GTM, Optimizely
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.