The Woolworths Group has been focused on the importance of digital and what we need to do to better serve our customers and to create shopping experiences that are personalised, seamless and convenient. In response to this, we have combined our Digital and Loyalty businesses under the new banner of WooliesX.We are creating a new team, with new practices, a modern and dynamic engineering culture and we are investing in the right people and resources to make it possible.
How we roll:
A start-over helping transform our digital practice and disrupt Woolworths and the market, we’re made up of smart people with smart ideas. We’re proud of the work we do and want to be known for delivering exceptional client experiences.
We’re resourceful, inventive and willing to experiment; with the autonomy to doing things our way which have a real impact. We’re a new team with great work-life balance.
Where we play:
WooliesX Hub is based 2 minutes walk from Central station and walking distance from all the cafes and restaurants that Surry Hills has to offer. The brand new site has been designed to support flexible working with different spaces for different activities such as collaboration, brainstorming or just chilling out.At WooliesX, we also believe in flexible working, and our teams also have the option to work from home or our corporate head office in Bella Vista.
WooliesX are seeking a Senior iOS Engineer to join the squads in the Digital Experience Tribe. The tribe primarily focuses on consumer facing applications and APIs. Software Engineers work in cross-functional squads, consisting of 4-6 engineers, UX/UI designers, Technology Lead, Product Owner, BA and QAs/test engineers to uplift the mobile and online platforms that power Australia’s leading supermarket with significant growth plans.
You will have the opportunity to work in a passionate and supportive team, time will be spent building relationships and engaging stakeholders, as well as:
- Develop high quality, scalable and performant solutions.
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Actively participate in all phases of the SDLC
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management, UI designers, platform lead and other engineers on a tightly knit team cross-functional and agile team
- Help define and encourage best practices, actively participate in code reviews
- Contribute to a culture of automated testing
- Focus on continuous improvement of the product, developer tool sets and productivity
- Help evolve our technology stack to industry best practice
- Coach and mentor more junior software engineers, helping them upskill through your guidance, advice and knowledge sharing
Our new Senior iOS Engineer will be driven and passionate, keen to get things done and able to make an impact in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a team player with:
- Strong experience in modern engineering practices and disciplines
- Demonstrable experience building, releasing and supporting multiple iOS apps
- 5+ years experience in aspects of the mobile SDLC life cycle
- 5+ years experience in native iOS app development, using Swift and Objective-C
- Ability to stay calm and work through problems methodically
- Deep knowledge of iOS application development in Swift using technologies and tools like UIKit, Core Graphics, Core Animation, Core Data, AVFoundation, Push Notifications, Instruments and Xcode
- Ability to architect complex iOS solutions, experience in common patterns such as MVVM and MVP
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagining the everyday