Head of Quality Engineering
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
As the Head of Quality Engineering, you will drive the quality and testing strategy and execution that ensures the continued delivery of high-quality technology solutions for Tyro’s customers and colleagues.
You will be leading a team of Quality Advocates and Quality Engineers who work with our Product Technology teams to ensure the right testing and quality practices are applied at each stage of the software delivery lifecycle. This is an opportunity to create a strategy that includes test automation, test environment management and test data management while growing and developing a team of quality experts who are committed to the continuous improvement of our approach to quality engineering.
What you will do
- Set strategy and direction for quality and testing practices across Technology at Tyro
- Provide leadership and mentoring for Quality Engineering team
- Take ownership of test environment and data management
- Drive the approach to exploratory testing
- Define and Implement the strategy and architecture for an automated test framework covering the whole process from test planning to results analysis and reporting
- Be a member of the Technology leadership team and contribute to department-wide initiatives.
What you bring to the team
- Demonstrated experience establishing and developing a QA strategy
- Demonstrated experience leading a testing practice or team in a complex technology environment
- Experience with developing an automation test framework
- Demonstrated experience with test environment and data management
- Deep understanding of all aspects of modern software delivery and the role that quality practices play in them
- An understanding of cloud-native and microservices architectures and the approach to testing them
- Ability to mentor and develop team members
- Hands on experience working with AWS services and how to test them desirable
- Hands on coding or scripting experience a plus
Culture and Perks
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking