Head of Technology (Platform)
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 500 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of banking for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
As the Head of Technology (Platform) you will be setting the strategy for and delivering platform services that all of our Product Technology teams can rely on as they deliver products and services to our customers and colleagues. You will lead a team of committed, smart technologists who are using some of the latest technology platforms that span both our AWS and on-premise environments.
What you will do
- Set strategy and direction for Platform services including Application Runtime, Platform Security, Build and Deployment Tooling, Observability and Connectivity
- Optimise for cloud adoption by simplification, unification, and modernisation of systems and processes
- Lead a number of teams delivering on the Platform Technology strategy
- Work collaboratively with your Heads of Technology peers to understand their needs and how Platform Technology can meet them
- Be a member of the Tyro Technology Leadership team and contribute to department goals
- Maintain a partnership relationship with AWS
What you bring to the team
- Experience leading high-performing technology delivery teams
- Experience working in a cloud-native environment using AWS
- An ability to balance architectural, operational, delivery, regulatory and budgetary concerns
- Good working knowledge of cloud-native technology platforms (e.g. Hashicorp Vault, Kubernetes, Istio)
- Good working knowledge of Continuous Delivery practices and tooling (e.g. BuildKite, GitHub)
- Proven experience working collaboratively with Engineering and Security peers
- Experience migrating workloads from an on-premise environment to AWS would be desirable
- Experience working with orchestration tools like Puppet or Chef a plus
- Knowledge of networking or virtualisation technologies a plus
Culture and Perks
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and an awesome rooftop area for socialising, all available to be enjoyed.
Who we are
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 500 staff, $20.1 billion in transactions in FY20, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses. Find out how you can be a part of the Tyro journey today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking