Sr. Data Scientist (6 months contract)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Are you skilled at turning hard numbers into compelling stories and useful strategic insights? Do you solve complex data challenges with creative flair? Put those skills to work answering strategic questions for one of the world's most respected and innovative payments companies.
Visa has built one of the world's most advanced payments networks. It's capable of handling more than 20,000 transactions per second, with reliability, convenience and security. With over 70 billion transactions processed by Visa every year, we have a rich source of data to help our payment industry partners plan for the future.
The successful incumbent will be a problem solver, equipped with strong analytical & quantitative skills suited to address key strategic needs for Visa’s clients including issuers, acquirers and merchants. The candidate should be highly skilled in data visualization tools such as Tableau.
Adept at creative and critical thinking, able to deconstruct problems and transform insights into large scale, state-of-the-art solutions. Candidates must be a quick learner with a strong sense of personal responsibility
- Work with large volumes of data; extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as Hadoop Ecosystem, SAS through scripting in Python, SQL, Java etc.
- Hands-on skills in cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, visualizing the large data sets.
- Create impactful and dynamic visual interfaces/ dashboards for the next generation of our data driven solutions using Visa's data and analytic capabilities, technology and industry expertise
- He/she will work closely with the internal stakeholders to understand their challenges and craft solutions that help them to solve their problems.
- Continuously develop and present innovative ideas in order to improve current solutions within Visa.
We are looking for a strong analytic thinker and problem solver, with a blend of skills:
- Candidate with 4 years of analytical experience in applying statistical solutions to business problems Post Graduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent experience preferred
- Hands on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as SAS/Salford SPM/Hadoop/R/SQL/Python/Hive
- Proficiency in some of the following statistical techniques: Linear & Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Markov Chains, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, Clustering, Principal Component Analysis, Factor analysis etc
- Experience in banking / consumer lending industry preferred
- Experience in analytics (model development, strategy and framework, scorecard development, documentation, validation, governance, implementation and automation etc.) will be a strong advantage
- High level of competence in Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to innovate solutions to solve business problems
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Good business acumen with strong ability to solve business problems through data driven quantitative methodologies
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, with the ability to tailor data driven results to various audience levels
- Detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations, and delivery
- Experience in presenting ideas and analysis to stakeholders
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity and strive to continually learn
- Fluency in written and oral English and Thai is mandatory.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions