Senior Data Engineer - Big Data
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Translate business requirements and source system understanding into technical solutions using Opensource Tech Stack, Big Data & Java etc.
- Work with business partners directly to seek clarity on requirements
- Define solutions in terms of components, modules and algorithms
- Design, develop, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Create technical documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Write Unit Tests covering known use cases using appropriate tools
- Integrate test frameworks in development process
- Refactor existing solutions to make it reusable and scalable
- Work with operations to get the solutions deployed
- Take ownership of production deployment of code
- Collaborating with and/or lead cross functional teams, build and launch applications and data platforms at scale, either for revenue generating or operational purposes
- Come up with Coding and Design best practices
- Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
- Adapting fast to new application knowledge and changes
- Master/Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or other technical discipline; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4+ years of software development experience (with a concentration in data centric initiatives), with demonstrated expertise in leveraging standard development best practice methodologies.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Hadoop using Core Java Programming, Spark, Scala, Hive, Pig scripts, Sqoop, and any ETL tool experience.
- Strong knowledge of Database concepts and UNIX.
- Expert on SQL skills for data manipulation (DML) and validation (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle).
- Expertise in Object Oriented Programming Language – Java / Python.
- Experience using CI/CD Process, version control and bug tracking tools.
- Experience in handling very large data volume in low latency and batch mode.
- Experience with automation of job execution, validation and compares of the data files on Hadoop Env at the field level.
- Experience in leading a small team, and be a team player.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way.
- Quick learner; self-starter, detailed and in-depth.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions