Mgr, Payments Partnerships & Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job Description Summary:
The Payments Partnerships & Services team is responsible for managing the payments ecosystem, including the strategy and relationships with networks, acquirers, processors and financial institutions. The team is focused on understanding, influencing and managing the payments ecosystem (payment types, cost, partner choice, network management, environmental impact), and leveraging the ecosystem to identify and deliver payment capabilities, drive customer profitability and local market optimization.Job Description:
The successful applicant will support the Japan functional head for the market, in managing PayPal's payment capabilities and partnerships, and optimizing around KPIs related to performance, cost and revenue enablement. The person will serve as the day-to-day contact for our payments partners including processors, acquirers, networks and financial institutions. She/he will work closely with Product, Sales, Compliance, Ops and other internal functions to ensure our payments infrastructure functions optimally, and will support a range of growth initiatives in the market.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as the point of contact for our payments partners in Japan (networks, processors, acquirers, banks, FIs) ; maintain and strengthen our partnerships in the market
- Work closely with our partners as well as internal functions (Product, Engineering, Operations, Customer Service, Legal, Compliance and others) to address ongoing issues/challenges
- Provide Japanese language support and local payments subject matter expertise in partner/vendor discussions and negotiations
- Support cross-functional teams in the development and deployment of new products and partnerships aimed at optimizing KPI's and delivering revenue targets
- Support the Japan Sales team with front-book and back-book initiatives
- Keep a pulse on the Japanese payments landscape from a competitive standpoint ; continually seek to understand how PayPal can optimize its operations in the market and deploy new products/services in a timely and efficient manner
- Responsible for performance tracking/reporting
- Fluent in English and Japanese (written, spoken)
- 5 -7 years of professional payments experience ideally in the Japanese market, at a bank, payment network, processor or payments consultancy
- Understanding of payments processing and cash management solutions ; familiarity with the Japanese payments landscape and ecosystem a plus
- Experience in managing external partners/vendors ; strong relationship-management and negotiation skills
- Analytical and methodical – able to manage multiple, high-priority work streams and have the agility to continually prioritize in line with business strategies
- Track record of working effectively with cross functional teams to identify payment market needs and facilitating solution development/deployment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal